Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Finance at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
The Master's (MSc) in Finance is designed for graduates who are seeking a specialist programme to enable an accelerated start to a career in finance.
- An enhanced specialist programme that maybe completed in a single year
- All modules on the Finance programme are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
- A wide range of professional accreditations to accelerate your career depending on the optional modules you take
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- Access to the School of Management investment and trading simulation room to support in-depth understanding of finance in practice
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities – we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Swansea is 3rd in the UK for international ranked research outputs (REF 2014)
The Finance programme combines the academic theory of finance with a strong practical perspective closely related to the world of finance. Specialist modules include: corporate finance, financial econometrics, international financial markets, derivatives and risk management, contemporary issues in finance and empirical finance.
Modules on the MSc in Finance typically include:
International Financial Markets and Institutions
Financial Reporting and Statement Analysis
Derivatives and Risk Management
Financial Market Efficiency & Behavioural Finance
Equities & Fixed Income Securities
Corporate Governance & Ethics
International Financial Crises and Bank Regulation
Risk Management in Banking
Contemporary Issues in Finance
Economics of Banking
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates including those from the Finance programme with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management as a student on the MSc in Finance programme we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you’ll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition ‘The Pitch’
Finance students will be based in a state-of-the-art building and will benefit from the applied research, innovation and employment opportunities offered by this exceptional working environment on the Bay Campus.
Finance students will have access to high-tech teaching and research spaces, that together with collaborative working and practice areas will ensue the School is able to deliver its commitment to offer an engaging and innovative student experience.
Visit the Finance MSc page on the Swansea University website for more details!
Never miss a course
Get the latest funding news
Hear about upcoming events