Take advantage of one of our 100 Master’s Scholarships to study Finance and Business Analytics at Swansea University
, the Times Good University Guide’s Welsh University of the Year 2017. Postgraduate loans are also available to English and Welsh domiciled students. For more information on fees and funding please visit our website.
The Master's (MSc) in Finance and Business Analytics is designed to pair the key areas of finance and business analytics. This programme takes a data driven approach to the analysis of financial, market and organisational information. In addition, to cover the key principles of finance, financial modelling and financial markets, the programme includes modules on business analytics and data mining to equip students to work in the data driven areas of finance and financial management.
Key Features of MSc in Finance and Business Analytics
- A full conversion programme that may be completed in a single year
- Does not require accounting, finance or any quantitative study to be completed at undergraduate level
- All modules on the Finance and Business Analytics programme are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- A wide range of professional accreditations to accelerate your career depending on the optional modules you take
- Access to the School of Management investment and trading simulation room to support in-depth understanding of finance in practice
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities – we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
No previous study of business analytics or any quantitative subject is required to undertake the Finance and Business Analytics programme.
Modules on the MSc Finance and Business Analytics programme may include:
Principles of Finance
International Financial Markets
Financial Statement Analysis
Quantitative Financial Analysis
Principles of Law for Accounting and Finance
Corporate Governance & Ethics
Contemporary Issues in Finance
Business Planning and Theory of Entrepreneurship
The MSc Finance and Business Analytics has been awarded the following ACCA exemptions:
F1 - Accountant in Business
F2 - Management Accounting
F3 - Financial Accounting
This means that graduates of our MSc Finance and Busines Analytics will be exempt from three out of nine of the ACCA ‘Fundamentals’ examinations. Students graduating from the Finance and Business Analytics programme can now leave Swansea as part-qualified accountants and just have to sit the remaining eleven.
Careers and Employability
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management as a Finance and Business Analytics student we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you’ll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition ‘The Pitch’
Location and Facilities
Finance and Business Analytics students will be based in a state-of-the-art building and will benefit from the applied research, innovation and employment opportunities offered by this exceptional working environment on the Bay Campus.
Finance and Business Analytics students will have access to high-tech teaching and research spaces, that together with collaborative working and practice areas will ensue the School is able to deliver its commitment to offer an engaging and innovative student experience.