The Ulster University
part-time Executive MBA is a broad based Master's degree designed to meet the needs of experienced or aspiring managers and business owners. The course helps students to relate their work experience to business theory, deepening and widening their understanding of the organisation and the environment in which they operate. An MBA is also an internationally recognised passport to a successful business career.
- Northern Ireland’s Leading Business School for Research (Research Excellence Framework 2014) – The world leading economic and societal impact of our research places us 7th in the UK, out of 101 business schools.
- Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- exclusive business events
Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/courses/course-finder/201617/executive-mba-master-of-business-administration-8998
- Description -
The overall aim of the MBA course is to educate and develop individuals as managers and business leaders, adding value through an applied and critical understanding of management and business. This is achieved alongside the development of transferable skills that are essential for successful general and strategic management. The objectives for the MBA programme are to:
- Enable an advanced study of organisations, their leadership and management and the changing external context in which they operate;
- Enhance students’ ability to analyse management problems critically, rationally and rigorously;
- Creatively and systematically apply knowledge and understanding of business and management concepts to complex issues and respond to a rapidly changing business environment;
- Develop international and local perspectives on business issues and opportunities; and
- Enhance lifelong learning skills and personal development.
- Teaching and learning assessment -
The MBA is taught in a lecture format which is highly interactive, this allows students to draw upon their own experiences when discussing management theory and practice leading to an in-depth understanding of the subject area. This form of teaching also allows students to learn from each other as well as from the lecturing staff.
In addition to business theory and practice you will develop your skills in the areas of:
· Team working
· Negotiation; and
· Conflict resolution
The course is mainly assessed via coursework (individual and group) as well as through some formal examinations.
An MBA will help you develop your career whether it is progressing within your current organisation, changing career into a different profession/sector or working internationally. As a qualification the MBA is valued and sought after by employers.
How to apply: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/how-to-apply#pg
Why study at Ulster?
1. Over 92% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation.
2. We are a top UK university for providing courses with a period of work placement.
3. Our teaching and the learning experience we deliver are rated at the highest level by the Quality Assurance Agency.
4. We are an international university with more than 2,000 international students from over 80 countries and Alumni from 121 countries.
5. More than 4,000 students from over 50 countries have successfully completed eLearning courses at Ulster University
To help spread the cost of your studies, tuition fees can be paid back in monthly instalments while you learn. If you study for a one-year, full-time master’s, you can pay your fees up-front, in one lump sum, or in either five* or ten* equal monthly payments. If you study for a master’s on a part-time basis (e.g. over three years), you can pay each year’s fees up-front or in five or ten equal monthly payments each year. This flexibility allows you to spread the payment of your fees over each academic year. Find out more by visiting http://www.ulster.ac.uk/learnyourway
A comprehensive range of financial scholarships, awards and prizes are available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students. Scholarships recognise the many ways in which our students are outstanding in their subject. Individuals may be able to apply directly or may automatically be nominated for awards. Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/scholarships
English Language Tuition
CELT offers courses and consultations in English language and study skills to Ulster University
students of all subjects, levels and nationalities. Students and researchers for whom English is an additional language can access free CELT support throughout the academic year: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/international/english-language-support