This course combines the study of Health Services Management and the principles of General Management, to help you obtain the skills required to manage health care services in increasingly business-like environments.
As public and private health care organisations continue to evolve at speed, health service professionals are being required to take a more integrated approach to structuring services, and it has never been more important for medical practitioners and administrative staff to involve themselves with management processes.
This course covers a range of subjects across 9 modules that reflect the needs of Management Professionals currently working in this dynamic and challenging sector.
How will this course support my professional development?
This executive programme has been developed specifically for decision makers in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
Whatever your specialist role in the health care sector, you should be aware of the nature of your market and how business considerations will affect your customers.
The course looks at how the disciplines of marketing, finance, and strategic planning impact the way in which health care is delivered.
With flexible weekend part-time study and a range of start dates, this course will allow you to complete the programme with little impact on you professional commitments.
How is the course structured?
- Strategic Management and Policy in the Health Service
- Leadership and Human Resource Management in Health Care
- Risk Management and Needs Assessment in Health Care
- Management, Partnerships and User Involvement in Health and Social Care
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Marketing Planning and Promotion
- Management Information and Communication Systems
- Research Skills and Dissertation Planning
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have at least one of the following:
- Bachelors Degree (Hons) 2:2 or above, (or an equivalent qualification from a recognised UK or overseas institution)
- NQF Level 6 Qualification
- GSM London
- If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6 or equivalent qualification.
Please note that we will consider applications from mature students (aged 21 or over) who do not meet the standard entry requirements, provided evidence of work experience can be demonstrated. This must be backed up by an employer's reference.
In addition to the above qualifications, all applicants are expected to have three years’ managerial experience.
How to apply
To speak to a dedicated course advisor about the Executive MBA in Health Services Management, please email [email protected]
or phone +44 (0)20 8516 7800
What our students say
"The individualised support that GSM London
’s tutors provided made studying a really enjoyable experience. Working full-time and studying is challenging at the best of times – every assignment you do on this programme necessitates extensive reading around a topic – but the tutors here have structured the course to suit people who work full time, and the personalised service they offer their students is invaluable"
– Dr Deschu Sahayam, Executive MBA in Health Services Management
Bachelors Degree (Hons) 2:2 or above, (or an equivalent qualification from a recognised UK or overseas institution)