The Bath MSc in Entrepreneurship and Management brings together a core management training with an appreciation and awareness of entrepreneurship, providing you an opportunity to cultivate your entrepreneurial mindset and capabilities and to master the challenges of managing dynamic organisations.
This one-year, full-time programme will:
-provide you with a grounding in the fundamental disciplines of business and management, while raising your awareness of the nature, context, and process of entrepreneurship
-teach you about the processes associated with entrepreneurial action, new business development, and entrepreneurial finance
-provide the opportunity for you to undertake an independent research project and the chance to turn a real business idea into a desirable and viable business model.
Visit the website http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/msc-entrepreneurship-management/
The programme will:
- Provide you with an in-depth knowledge and critical appreciation of the disciplines fundamental to business management
- Develop your awareness and understanding of the importance of issues relating to entrepreneurship as well as an entrepreneurial mindset and capabilities
- Enable you to develop an analytical appreciation of the entrepreneurial process, its situation in the wider economic context and its realisation in independent, corporate, family business, and social enterprise contexts
- Provide you with the ability to generate and assess business ideas and the resilience to develop them by instilling openness to uncertainty and learning orientation
- Provide you with the ability to identify, integrate, and apply relevant bodies of management knowledge to specific business problems or entrepreneurial aspirations
- Prepare you for an entrepreneurial career and a wide variety of other business/management roles
Our MSc in Entrepreneurship and Management is an intensive full time programme lasting 12 months. The programme is divided into two 11-week semesters and the dissertation period which runs from June-September. All modules are mandatory.
Fundamentals of Accounting and Financial Management
Human Resource Management
Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
Opportunity Generation, Assessment, and Development
Research Methods for Business Model Design
During the final three months of the degree you will produce a dissertation. This is an independent, practice-oriented research project associated with developing an initial business idea into a viable business model. The business idea to be developed as part of the dissertation project may be chosen in four different settings: (1) independent venture; (2) corporate venture (i.e. an entrepreneurial effort by an existing company); (3) family venture (i.e. an entrepreneurial effort by a family business); (4) social venture (i.e. entrepreneurial effort in pursuit of a social mission).
You will be exposed to a variety of teaching and learning methods that could include: interactive lectures, case studies, seminar presentations and group project work. As this is a Masters level course, we place a significant emphasis on independent, directed, private study that is often conducted in learning sets or groups.
A variety of individual and group assessment methods are used throughout the degree including assignments, exams, presentations, reports and exercises. The dissertation consists of a 10-15,000 word extended piece of individual research, supervised by a member of faculty.
We recognise that enhancing your employability is a primary goal for undertaking a Master's degree at Bath. We have a successful track record and extensive experience of working with a wide range of global organisations to develop the right skills and competencies that our students will need to achieve their career goals.
Destinations of our MSc in Management graduates (2014):
99% of our MSc in Management graduates from 2014 were employed within 6 months of graduation. Our outstanding record for employability is reflected in the companies and organisations where these graduates now work:
Our expert careers team is dedicated to providing first class careers support exclusively for School of Management MSc students.
We offer a Comprehensive Career Development Programme and provide an individual service by working with you on a one-to-one basis to identify your career goals and help you to plan your job search.
Our Career Development programme is integrated into your MSc timetable and includes;
- An overview of career opportunities in different sectors
- Workshops on the recruitment process including: CVs, cover letters, application forms and interview advice
- Mock interviews and assessment centres
- Opportunities to network with graduate recruiters, sector specialists and alumni
- Guest speakers, company visits and presentations, employer-led skills sessions
- Development of employability skills by participating in company sponsored community projects
- Week-long business immersion week - The Future Business Challenge
- Additional support for international students and those seeking global job opportunities
We have established ourselves as one of Europe’s leading business schools and 2016 marks the 50th Anniversary of the University of Bath, celebrating our past achievements and looking forward.
The School of Management is one of the UK's leading business schools. Currently ranked 1st for Student Experience (Times Higher Education 2015) (http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/about/rankings.html#NSS) and 1st for Business & Management (The Complete University Guide 2016) (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Business+%26+Management+Studies), we are a leading centre for management research - placed 8th in the UK in the latest REF2014 (http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/about/rankings.html#ref) for business and management studies, confirming the world-class standing of our faculty.
Find out about the department here - http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/faculty/
Find out how to apply here - http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/msc-operations-logistics-supply-chain/how-to-apply
A new system of postgraduate loans for Masters courses is being developed for students at English universities. There will be loans of up to £10,000 available for Masters students starting a course in 2016/17. More information is available on the study site (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/taught/government-loans/index.html) and the government website external website.
Visit the Entrepreneurship and Management (MSc) page on the University of Bath website for more details!