Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Enhanced Professional Practice at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
The Enhanced Professional Practice course enables health and social care professionals undertaking work-based learning and practice development to gain academic credit for their learning.
Key Features of Enhanced Professional Practice
- The Enhanced Professional Practice course covers a key theme in current government health policy
Teaching and Employability:
- Students can complete the Enhanced Professional Practice course in no less than 3 years and no more than 4 to 5 years including submission of the dissertation
- A student-led approach to learning, with the opportunity of attending taught modules of up to 30 credits
- Suitable for experienced practitioners with a health or social care background currently working within a health or social care environment
In a practice driven environment such as health and social care, the concept of work based learning is a cornerstone for the continuing professional development of health and social care practitioners.
The Enhanced Professional Practice course is an academic award specifically developed around the needs of busy, practising health and social care professionals looking to gain academic credit for their learning.
The Enhanced Professional Practice course is a work-based, highly-flexible and modular programme which comprises ‘M’ level studies.
The Enhanced Professional Practice degree will be delivered using a blended learning approach including some taught elements, Action Learning Sets, Supervision and other ICT approaches.
Modules on the Enhanced Professional Practice programme typically include:
• Starting your professional development
• Policy influences on your practice
• Assessing your current practice
• How the evidence base can help you change your practice
• How can I make a change in practice?
• Advancing your own practice
• Teaching and learning in practice
The College of Human and Health Sciences has a vibrant postgraduate community with students drawn from a variety of backgrounds and nationalities. The College is known for its friendly, welcoming and supportive environment, which combined with its extensive facilities, state-of-the-art technology and superb beachside location, helps to ensure that students benefit from an exceptional student experience.
In addition, students have access to a wide range of excellent facilities and equipment for realistic workplace experiences.