Mobile apps are now ubiquitous, delivering solutions to modern life. They are a medium for creative and artistic expression, answering everyday problems with clever design and user insights. As an evolving arena that reacts quickly to technological advances, app development offers a wealth of creative opportunity.
Falmouth’s MA Creative App Development responds to these shifts. Designed with industry experts, it provides the chance to expand upon your creative skills and take advantage of the opportunities available in this growing field.
Structured according to workplace demands, you’ll find an emphasis on live briefs and the application of practical skills. Modules are taught by specialists in creative computing, interactive and design practice; while online software tutorials will enable you to develop projects and assemble your professional portfolio ahead of graduation.
Visit the website http://flexible.falmouth.ac.uk/courses/ma-creative-app-development.htm
- Build your skills by devising creative apps both in solo and co-creative contexts
- Be taught by specialists in creative computing, interactive and design practice
- Join our international community of professionals, researchers and creatives
Who is this course for?
This course prepares you for the demands of app development, whether you want to break into the industry, or already work in the software sector. Here we promote creative solutions to meet a range of platform and audience needs. Informed by critical thinking and research, our approach helps deliver high impact apps.
Typical applicants may be:
- Working in computing and software development and looking to explore new possibilities
- Artists, audio specialists and designers interested in technology focused content creation are also welcome
The course enables you to respond creatively to change and has been designed to support a wide range of career aspirations within the field of app development and beyond.
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total).
App development synergies
Individual design and development project
Co-creation design and development project
Live brief design and development project
- Coursework assessment with no formal examinations
- Portfolios, projects and live online presentations
- Assessments are designed to support creative and professional practice
How you study
You may choose to:
1. Study entirely online without attending any face-to-face workshops
2. Study online and attend optional residential workshops held biannually at various locations such as the UK, Asia or the Middle East.
A typical workshop will start on Friday and end on Monday. Students will be informed at least 4 months in advance giving you plenty of time to arrange your attendance. Attendance is strongly encouraged although not compulsory.
Taught by industry experts
Designed with employer-focused learning at the core, our courses work with global organisations, staff and alumni to provide you with the breadth of experience and networks needed to accelerate your career.
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Concise online presentations to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions and crits to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Online critiques to test assumptions, ideas and to receive feedback from peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials throughout the course
- Independent study
- Self-evaluation and peer feedback
As Falmouth student, you enjoy an equal status to students studying on campus:
- Your own student ID card
- Access to online software tutorials at lynda.com
- 24/7 online access to library resources
- Students’ Union community
Find out how to apply here - http://myfalmouth.falmouth.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_ipp_lgn.login?process=siw_ipp_app&code1=MACRADPO_102&code2=0001
An honours degree or Level 6 equivalent qualification. Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening). We also accept a range of equivalent recognised English language qualifications please visit our website for details. Candidates without a degree or formal qualification are still encouraged to apply.