The Professional Certificate in Marketing gives you the practical skills and knowledge to devise and execute marketing activities and gain marketing credibility. It also aims to provide a practical insight into the principles and application of marketing at a tactical level.
The syllabus reflects the changing issues and practices within marketing, and employers' views of marketing in today's business environment.
The qualification is ideal for junior marketers, those working in marketing support roles (such as personal assistants), or if marketing plays some part in your current job description.
The course can also benefit individuals in more senior roles particularly from small and medium sized enterprises where marketing is only part of the role.
What will I study
This qualification consists 4 modules of study. You can expect to study one module each semester for qualification in two years or two modules per semester for qualification in one year.
Typical modules include:
- Integrated Communications
- Customer Experience
- Digital Marketing
The University of Wolverhampton
Business School is a Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accredited study centre.
This qualification is aimed at those who are working in supporting marketing roles, usually within the marketing function, but also targets individuals in more senior roles, particularly in SMEs, where marketing is only a part of what they do.
The qualification provides a practical insight into the principles and application of marketing at a tactical level and aims to advance marketing knowledge and accelerate career progression.
Typical profiles of people who might take this qualification could include:
- Marketing assistants
- Marketing co-ordinators
- Marketing executives
- Marketing managers in SMEs without formal marketing qualifications
- Non-marketers with aspirations to work in marketing
- Existing marketers wanting to become more specialist with their knowledge
What skills will you gain?
The ability to:
- Understand the function and fundamentals of marketing in some depth
- Know the many different ways of understanding and communicating with with customers
- Understand your organisation's marketing environment
- Apply practical knowledge which includes the collecting and analysing of data and the establishment of marketing budgets.
This qualification is the equivalent to the first year of a foundation degree. This means you will need to meet at least one of the following criteria: Hold any general Bachelors of Masters degree; or hold a CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing; or applications from those with equivalent experience or qualifications will also be considered