This postgraduate certificate has been designed for those in middle/ senior leadership positions in Catholic schools and also for aspiring Catholic school leaders, including school governors and other professionals, in order to develop their knowledge and understanding of leadership within Catholic settings and to respond to specific issuesthe development of values-based approaches to leading specific issues facing Church school leaders today. The Postgraduate Certificate comprises of two modules: Educational Leadership in Catholic Schools and Change Management in Catholic Schools.
If you undertake another elective module and the compulsory Research Methods module, you will gain a Postgraduate Diploma If you then undertake the final dissertation within a Catholic School Leadership focus you will graduate with an MA Education or MA Education (Catholic School Leadership)
- An opportunity to continue your professional development
- Gain a qualification in Catholic School Leadership at masters level
- Supports succession planning, recruitment and retention within Catholic School
- An opportunity to meet others interested in leadership from across other Catholic schools
- Access to University facilities (eg library, IT systems, Student Support Services)
- May gain credits towards the CCRS for those who have not completed this award
- Builds on the CCRS for those who have completed this award, but no requirement to have completed the CCRS to undertake the Postgraduate Certificate in Catholic School Leadership
- Sessions will be delivered by academics who are recognised nationally and internationally within the field of Leadership and Management, Catholic school leaders and members of staff from the Diocesan Education Service.