This course is aimed at providing students with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of a range of business-related disciplines, with a particular focus on business development and innovation. The course will significantly enhance business knowledge and skills to provide students with an increased knowledge of contemporary and innovative organisational practice, with a solid grounding in a range of relevant business disciplines. The real value of the course is in its ability to empower students to look in holistic terms at how innovation (in whatever form) can facilitate and support business development and create value in their own particular context.
- links with the world-renowned Harvard Business School
- support career progression
Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/courses/course-finder/201617/business-development-and-innovation-8894
- Description -
The imperative for business development and innovation in challenging times is the key to business growth and economic recovery. The overall aim of the MSc Business Development and Innovation course, therefore, is to provide an academically challenging, intellectually stimulating programme of study that educates, develops and enhances the professional competence of participants. In short, a course with a strong theoretical underpinning and relevant practical application.
- Course purpose -
The specific objectives of the course are to:
- Provide an advanced study of business and management with particular reference to business development and innovation;
- Prepare and/or develop students for a career in business development and innovation by facilitating the development of enhanced transferable skills at a professional or equivalent level, or as preparation for research or further study in the area;
- Develop students’ ability to apply knowledge and critical understanding of business development and innovation to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve organisations and business practice;
- Enhance students’ lifelong learning skills and personal development in order to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
- Teaching and learning assessment -
Various learning approaches are adopted including lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials, while guest speakers and visiting professors are used to add their expertise and practical experience to the subject being studied.
The necessary skills and abilities are established and developed through the completion of a wide range of practical and applied exercises, work-based assignments, consultancy-type exercises and case studies that may require peer presentations.
The course provides opportunities for a wide range of career options across a range of areas. These include, for example, business development, strategy, innovation, business analysis, research, and consultancy.
The course also helps develop competencies for career change/progression, while also providing the necessary tools to enable participants to set up their own business
How to apply: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/how-to-apply#pg
Why study at Ulster?
1. Over 92% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation.
2. We are a top UK university for providing courses with a period of work placement.
3. Our teaching and the learning experience we deliver are rated at the highest level by the Quality Assurance Agency.
4. We are an international university with more than 2,000 international students from over 80 countries and Alumni from 121 countries.
5. More than 4,000 students from over 50 countries have successfully completed eLearning courses at Ulster University
To help spread the cost of your studies, tuition fees can be paid back in monthly instalments while you learn. If you study for a one-year, full-time master’s, you can pay your fees up-front, in one lump sum, or in either five* or ten* equal monthly payments. If you study for a master’s on a part-time basis (e.g. over three years), you can pay each year’s fees up-front or in five or ten equal monthly payments each year. This flexibility allows you to spread the payment of your fees over each academic year. Find out more by visiting http://www.ulster.ac.uk/learnyourway
A comprehensive range of financial scholarships, awards and prizes are available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students. Scholarships recognise the many ways in which our students are outstanding in their subject. Individuals may be able to apply directly or may automatically be nominated for awards. Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/scholarships
English Language Tuition
CELT offers courses and consultations in English language and study skills to Ulster University
students of all subjects, levels and nationalities. Students and researchers for whom English is an additional language can access free CELT support throughout the academic year: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/international/english-language-support