Full time: 1 year, Part-time: 2 years
In 2018/19 Per module of 20 credits: Scottish and EU on site £1080 Online £680, RUK on site £1080 online £680, International on-site £1080 online:£900. Masters degree is 6 modules and dissertation of 60 credits)
14 March 2018
The Masters in Business Administration (MBA) aims to equip business leaders with a detailed knowledge and understanding of effective management strategies, enabling you to function effectively and efficiently in a national and international business context.
You will gain a crucial understanding of the volatility and uncertainties that influence global politics, the distribution of wealth, resource ownership and regulatory regimes in both emerging markets and other transitional economies.
• A limited number of funded places may be available for full-time, Scottish or EU fee status students.
• Loans for tuition fees are available from the Students Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS) for eligible Scotland domiciled and EU students, and loans for living costs for eligible Scottish students.
• You will undertake an induction programme which will allow you to become familiar with the teaching methods used, course requirements, and the teaching team.
• During your induction you will also complete a personal development plan to prepare you for suitable posts on graduation
• You may have the opportunity to undertake an industrial work placement as part of your MBA, working within a UK organisation on live projects in areas such as: engineering, aeronautical engineering, energy, IT, business and finance
• International students can only study this course on a full-time basis.
• Organisational leadership and management
• Entrepreneurship: Theory and practice
• Management accounting and finance
• The global business environment
• Operations management
• Strategic marketing
• Masters research project
This course is available at Perth College UHI, Crieff Road, Perth, PH1 2NX
A limited number of places may be available with full tuition fee support for Scottish-domiciled/EU students, studying full time, on this course starting in September 2017 to help talented students join this key growth sector for the Scottish economy. Fees will be funded by the European Social Fund and Scottish Funding Council as part of Developing Scotland’s Workforce in the Scotland 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Fund Programmes.
From 2017, eligible Scotland domiciled students studying full time can access loans up to 10,000 from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS).This comprises a tuition fee loan up to £5,500 and a non-income assessed living cost loan of £4,500. EU students studying full time can apply for a tuition fee loan up to £5500.
Part-time students undertaking any taught postgraduate course over two years up to Masters level who meet the residency eligibility can apply for a for a tuition fee loan up to £2,750 per year.
1. Do something different: our reputation is built on our innovative approach to learning and our distinctive research and curriculum which often reflects the unique environment and culture of our region and closely links to vocational skills required by a range of sectors.
2. Flexible learning options mean that you can usually study part time or full time. Some courses can be studied fully online from home or work, others are campus-based.
3. Choice of campuses – we have campuses across the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Each campus is different from rich cultural life of the islands; the spectacular coasts and mountains; to the bright lights of our city locations.
4. Small class sizes mean that you have a more personal experience of university and receive all the support you need from our expert staff
5. The affordable option - if you already live in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland you don't have to leave home and incur huge debts to go to university; we're right here on your doorstep
If you want to apply for this postgraduate programme click on the ‘visit website’ button below which will take you to the relevant course page on our website, from there select the Apply tab to complete our online application.
If you still have any questions please get in touch with our information line by email using the links below or call on 0845 272 3600.
* If you wish to study online please select the part-time option in the apply link and include your study preference in your personal statement on the application form.
If you would like to study in a country of outstanding natural beauty, friendly communities, and cities buzzing with social life and activities, the Highlands and Islands of Scotland should be your first choice. We have campuses across the region each one with its own special characteristics from the rich cultural life of the islands to the bright city lights of Perth and Inverness. Some courses are available in one location only, for others you will have a choice; we also have courses that can be studied online from your own home country. .http://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international
Our programmes are taught and examined in English. To make the most of your studies, you must be able to communicate fluently and accurately in spoken and written English and provide certified proof of your competence before starting your course. Please note that English language tests need to have been taken no more than two years prior to the start date of the course. The standard English Language criteria to study at the University of the Highlands and Islands are detailed on our English language requirements page http://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international/how-to-apply-to-uhi/english-language-requirements
Visit the Business Administration page on the University of the Highlands and Islands website for more details!