This Masters in Advanced Practice in Health Care is designed for the growing number of graduate nurses wishing to work in clinical leadership or extended roles in clinical practice as nurse practitioners or consultant nurses.
[[Why this programme[[
● Ranked 1st in UK for Nursing
● Whilst studying Medical Science, the programme will provide you with the opportunity to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, expertise in critical appraisal, develop transferable skills and the ability to lead and innovate in the adva
● The Healthcare degree reflects the need for tomorrow’s health care professional to be involved in lifelong learning whilst being adaptive to the dynamic care environment and supporting quality care delivery.
● Close involvement of NHS clinical staff in the planning and delivery of courses ensures that the programme is current and relevant.
● The themes offered link closely with the pre-registration undergraduate programme offered at the University as well as being developed in conjunction with local clinical need.
Continuing professional development
Each course can be taken as a stand alone continuing professional development course
This programme in Advanced Practice in Health Care is made up of three components: a core course, optional courses and a dissertation.
Research methods and statistics
This consolidates and extends your knowledge of research methods and provides you with sufficient information to write a research proposal. This course is a prerequisite for the research-based dissertation or work-based audit and service evaluation.
By undertaking the 20 credit optional courses listed below a named award may be obtained in:
• Acute & Critical Care • Nursing Science • Chronic Disease Management • Healthcare Chaplaincy • Stroke Care • Acute & Critical care • Acute & Critical care • Chronic Disease Management • Assessing and Managing Patients with Complex Symptoms • Self Management: Principles and Practice • Stroke Care • Clinical issues in Stroke Care. • Healthcare Chaplaincy • Professional Practice in Spiritual and Religious Care in Healthcare • Providing Spiritual and Religious Care in Healthcare • Advanced Health Care Practice • Generic Options • Advanced Communication Skills in Healthcare Practice • Education for Professional Practice • Ethics for professional practice • Leadership in Contemporary Health Care
• PGC in Leading, Improving & Transforming Care • PGC Spiritual & Religious Care in Health & Social Care