Birmingham | Bristol | Sheffield | Liverpool | Edinburgh
Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Accounting and Finance at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
This Accounting and Finance MSc programme has been designed around the ACCA accreditation system.
- A full conversion programme that may be completed in a single year
- Does not require accounting, finance or any quantitative study to be completed at undergraduate level
- All modules on the Accounting and Finance programme are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- Access to the School of Management investment and trading simulation room to support in-depth understanding of finance in practice
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities – we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
The MSc Accounting and Finance is designed specifically to enhance employment prospects by offering students the opportunity to acquire an advanced and in-depth understanding of key accounting and finance topics (without any requirement of having previously studied accounting or finance).
Modules on the MSc in Accounting and Finance typically include:
• Principles of Finance
• Financial Accounting
• Financial Modelling
• International Financial Markets
• Management Accounting
• Financial Statement Analysis
• Quantitative Financial Analysis
• Principles of Law for Accounting and Finance
The MSc Accounting and Finance has been awarded the following ACCA exemptions:
F1 - Accountant in Business
F2 - Management Accounting
F3 - Financial Accounting
F4 - Corporate and Business Law
F5 - Performance Management
F7 - Financial Reporting
F9 - Financial Management
This means that graduates of our MSc Accounting and Finance will be exempt from six out of nine of the ACCA ‘Fundamentals’ examinations. Students graduating from the Accounting and Finance programme can now leave Swansea as part-qualified accountants and just have to sit the remaining six.
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates including those from the Accounting and Finance programme with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management as a student on the MSc in Accounting and Finance programme we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you’ll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition ‘The Pitch’
Accounting and Finance students will be based in a state-of-the-art building and will benefit from the applied research, innovation and employment opportunities offered by this exceptional working environment on the Bay Campus.
Accounting and Finance students will have access to high-tech teaching and research spaces, that together with collaborative working and practice areas will ensue the School is able to deliver its commitment to offer an engaging and innovative student experience.
Visit the Accounting and Finance MSc page on the Swansea University website for more details!