Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Why study at the University of Glasgow?
• The University of Glasgow is in the top 1% of universities in the world (2012 QS World University Rankings) and is one of the UK's oldest institutions of learning, recognised internationally for its groundbreaking research. Founded in 1451, it is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world.
• International students love the Glasgow experience: the University of Glasgow is rated 1st in the UK for international student satisfaction (2011 International Student Barometer). Students in their final year of study at Glasgow report 91% satisfaction with their learning experience.
• Glasgow is the commercial capital of Scotland and is Scotland's largest city. The University is situated in the city's attractive west end and is at the hub of one of the liveliest and most cosmopolitan destinations in Europe.
Why study at the College of Social Sciences?
• The College of Social Sciences at the University of Glasgow is internationally recognised as a leader in research and the provision of top-quality taught Masters degrees.
• Results of the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) show excellent research performance across our subject areas. With 86% of our research activity assessed as being of international quality, and 52% world-leading or internationally excellent, we continue to be renowned for the excellence of our research.
• Three of our subject areas are in the top 10 in the UK and four are ranked 1st in Scotland (Accountancy & Finance; Economics; Urban Studies; and Central & East European Studies), with all our subjects demonstrating strong international performance.
• Law at Glasgow was rated 1st in the UK in the category 'career after six months’ (Guardian University Guide 2013)
• Sociology at Glasgow was rated 1st in Scotland and 2nd across the UK as a whole (Guardian University Guide 2013)
What courses do we offer?
• Adam Smith Business School, offering courses in Accountancy and Finance, Economics, and Management
• School of Education
• School of Interdisciplinary Studies (located on our beautiful Dumfries campus) (Applied Carbon Management, Environment, Culture and Education, Environmental Science, Technology & Society, and Tourism, Heritage & Development)
• School of Law
• School of Social and Political Sciences, offering courses in Central and East European Studies, Economic and Social History, Politics, Sociology, and Urban Studies
How do we support our students?
Employability. Providing opportunities for students to enhance their employability is a key focus within the College of Social Sciences. Employability is about much more than simply getting a job after you finish your studies. It is about your achievements, understanding and personal attributes - the things that make you successful both during, and after, your time at University.
International Support. All of our international students at the College of Social Sciences have access to a broad range of services through our dedicated International Support Officer, including study tips, information on social events, and information sessions that will be organised throughout the year.
The Student Network. A University of Glasgow service that puts prospective, new and current students in touch with more experienced students, who have completed their first year of study and can offer guidance and support throughout your first year of study.
What do our students say?
"I wanted to come to Glasgow for several reasons. The university has a strong international reputation and a high calibre of teaching staff, many of whom are highly regarded in their research fields. Research is a big deal for me, as I hope to go on to complete a PhD at some point. Glasgow is an exciting, thriving urban environment and I wanted to experience a city "
"Studying at the University of Glasgow has been a great experience. I appreciated that there were a lot of course choices: in that way you could tailor-make your degree so that you academically and personally get the most out of it. Not only have I enjoyed the academic part of being in Glasgow, but the student life has definitely lived up to my expectations. There is always something going on in Glasgow and the choices are numerous."
LLM in International Law
“The MSc provided me with an invaluable work placement opportunity - working for Nestle Professional. This honed my skills in tackling environmental issues and deepened my knowledge of how businesses can develop sustainably. This opportunity added value to my resume and extended my social networks.”
MSc Applied Carbon Management
"Studying on the Masters of Law programme at the University of Glasgow was quite a change from studying law back home – to the better. The personal contact made me feel welcome and teaching as well as administrative staff were very helpful and supportive from day one. Together with the friendly and fun people I met in my course, my accommodation and the city itself, this gave me a great start here.”
LLM Intellectual Propetry & the Digital Economy
“This programme has challenged my thinking about literacy, it has also transformed my classroom practices with children and young adults."
MEd Children’s Literature & Literacies
Email: [email protected]
Back to results
University of Glasgow
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
Adult education has been recognised in Europe as a critical element in addressing challenges pertaining to employment, research and innovation, climate change and energy, education and combatting poverty. Read more
This programme offers you the opportunity to study the theoretical and practical dimensions of adult, community and youth development. Read more
This online programme is designed to enable those in key roles in the education sector to develop and advance their leadership knowledge and practice to influence and lead change in local, national and global contexts, in strategic, flexible and agile ways. Read more
This innovative international programme offers you the unique opportunity to undertake study (in English) and research in at least three different countries at our renowned partner institutions, culminating in the award of a multiple degree according to your chosen pathway. Read more
This unique, two-year degree provides an interdisciplinary study of the interaction between children, texts and media, along with the opportunity to study and live in at least two European countries. Read more
This programme will deliver a highly regarded professional education in city planning and real estate development. It has been developed in close consultation with the relevant professional, policy and business communities and is intended to provide an intensive fast-track entry to a professional career. Read more
The programme provides a specialist focus on transactions, markets and global regulatory issues. Modern lawyers need to understand the structure and interplay of both corporate and financial law both at domestic and international level. Read more
Recognising the challenge for politicians, policy makers and practitioners in the criminal justice, and criminal law fields, this programme addresses the complex problems that crime poses for contemporary societies. Read more