Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Login to your account
Enter your username below to login to your account.
Making a real difference to health in our region
Our College of Health and Social Care offers a great student experience, alongside research excellence, flexible study, and experienced staff. We also boast some of the best facilities in the country.
Our endorsement by organisations demonstrates confidence amongst the sector in the education we offer, and the strong links we enjoy with the NHS and a wide range of statutory and voluntary agencies mean we keep our finger on the pulse of what is relevant within the healthcare professions.
We work with you to prepare you for the next step in your career and make sure you are fully prepared to work effectively as a professional within the health and social care workforce.
• We specialise in Diagnostic Imaging, Pre-Qualification Health Care, Post-Registration Health Care, Social and Community Studies, Counselling and Psychotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Therapeutic Arts.
• Our supportive and highly committed teaching team is made up of highly skilled practitioners from a range of backgrounds. Not only do they teach but they are still involved in care, undertaking a wide range of evaluation, research and consultancy work at a local, regional and national level in their field; which means you are benefitting from the latest developments and innovations in your practice area.
• Many of our courses are accredited or approved by professional bodies. This means they are mapped against sector standards ensuring your education is relevant and up to date and you are highly employable.
• We have great employment rates - 96% of our graduates are in work or further study
• Our training facilities are exceptional. We boast some of the best resources you'll find in any university - a Clinical Skills Suite, Immersive Simulation Room, Diagnostic Imaging suite, Counselling suites, creative therapy studios and a community care living space.
• Because of our experience and reputation in the East Midlands, you will benefit from the relationships we have built up with local NHS Trusts and Private and independent providers of care, as well as social care organisations through placements, work experience, voluntary work and guest lectures.
University of Derby
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
This is a flexible course that allows you to tailor your own continued professional development to your personal, professional and service needs, through a range of occupational therapy and interprofessional modules. Read more
Study MSc Advanced Practice and gain invaluable skills in contemporary health care practice Develop an educational framework that responds to current and future issues for advanced health care practice Cultivate your critical thought, analysis and appraisal skills for advanced level decision-making and problem-solving Study flexibly at a time and pace that suits you. Read more
Study a course accredited by the British Association of Behavioural Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Develop as an ethical practitioner and gain… Read more
This is one of a very small number of MSc Pre-Registration courses in Diagnostic Radiography in the UK, and currently the only one in the region Study a course approved by the Health and Care Professions Council , meaning you'll be eligable to apply for registration as a Diagnostic Radiographer as soon as you graduate, as long as you meet the HCPC’s requirements. Read more
Study a Masters course approved by the Health and Care Professions Council Graduate successfully and you’ll be eligible to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council to become a registered arts therapist (dramatherapist), as long as you meet the HCPC’s requirements. Read more
To support you to develop your image interpretation skills and support you into an independent reporting role This innovative programme incorporates the four pillars of advanced practice ensuring that as well as Expert Clinical Practice you will have a solid foundation in Education, Research and Leadership and Management. Read more