Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
Making a real difference to health in our region
Our College of Health and Social Care offers a great student experience, alongside research excellence, flexible study, and experienced staff. We also boast some of the best facilities in the country.
Our endorsement by organisations demonstrates confidence amongst the sector in the education we offer, and the strong links we enjoy with the NHS and a wide range of statutory and voluntary agencies mean we keep our finger on the pulse of what is relevant within the healthcare professions.
We work with you to prepare you for the next step in your career and make sure you are fully prepared to work effectively as a professional within the health and social care workforce.
• We specialise in Diagnostic Imaging, Pre-Qualification Health Care, Post-Registration Health Care, Social and Community Studies, Counselling and Psychotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Therapeutic Arts.
• Our supportive and highly committed teaching team is made up of highly skilled practitioners from a range of backgrounds. Not only do they teach but they are still involved in care, undertaking a wide range of evaluation, research and consultancy work at a local, regional and national level in their field; which means you are benefitting from the latest developments and innovations in your practice area.
• Many of our courses are accredited or approved by professional bodies. This means they are mapped against sector standards ensuring your education is relevant and up to date and you are highly employable.
• We have great employment rates - 96% of our graduates are in work or further study
• Our training facilities are exceptional. We boast some of the best resources you'll find in any university - a Clinical Skills Suite, Immersive Simulation Room, Diagnostic Imaging suite, Counselling suites, creative therapy studios and a community care living space.
• Because of our experience and reputation in the East Midlands, you will benefit from the relationships we have built up with local NHS Trusts and Private and independent providers of care, as well as social care organisations through placements, work experience, voluntary work and guest lectures.
Back to results
University of Derby
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
This is a flexible course that allows you to tailor your own continued professional development to your personal, professional and service needs, through a range of occupational therapy and interprofessional modules. Read more
Study MSc Advanced Practice and gain invaluable skills in contemporary health care practice. Develop an educational framework that responds to current and future issues for advanced health care practice. Read more
Studying this flexible Postgraduate Certificate in Bone Densitometry Reporting at Derby will. Increase your knowledge in the fields of fracture prevention through osteoporosis diagnosis and management . Read more
Study a course accredited by the . British Association of Behavioural Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). Develop as an ethical practitioner and gain confidence in contemporary theories and practice in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy. Read more
If you are an NMC Registered Nurse, this will enable you to. Expand your knowledge, skills and proficiency in the role of the Community Specialist Practitioner. Read more
Studying a Postgraduate Certificate in Compassion Focused Therapy will. Provide the opportunity for you to develop a critical and in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) . Read more
Build your experience of clinical dance movement psychotherapy and use your creativity to promote self-expression. Develop the skills and knowledge to enable you to apply for registration as a dance movement psychotherapist. . Read more
Studying MSc Health and Social Care Studies will. Provide a diverse portfolio for you, guided by a director of studies, to undertake a specific, approved, flexible study route through the course, reflecting your individual learning needs. Read more