This Course is unique in Ireland for its breadth across a range of infrastructure disciplines such as water, waste, structures, highways, road safety, project management and sustainability, with strong emphases on design. The knowledge and understanding covers key areas of civil and infrastructure engineering and meets the needs of graduates seeking chartered status. It has significant input from the expertise of a blend of current practitioners and research-led academics, with inter-disciplinary teaching in design and sustainability modules; all of this is integrated and delivered within the principles and practice of sustainable development.
Visit the website: http://msc-infrastructure-engineering-ft-j
- Description -
This technical master's programme focuses on design, this is grounded in technical modules covering waste, water, structural design, utilities, road safety and highways, and supported by project management and sustainable development; Dissertation brings research-led studies and unique knowledge with industrial linkages. Sustainable Development is the key driver in design, delivery and assessment of curricula and material; also, content is set in the context of scholarly activity in which academic research is blended with professional knowledge and experience to provide a rich learning environment. Input from professionals as guest lecturers, mentors and advisors enhances the educational experience.
- Course purpose -
It is designed to provide:
(1) development of infrastructure engineering in the context of global sustainability and local drivers, by studying relevant theoretical concepts and making critical reflection on application;
(2) access to inter-disciplinary teaching and professional strengths of the Faculty's staff;
(3) innovation in teaching, learning and assessment, relating to current professional practice;
(4) leaders of infrastructure engineering for the future; and (5) opportunities for graduates and professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills through the application of appropriate methods.
- Teaching and learning assessment -
Teaching divided between lectures, tutorials, seminars, site visits and laboratory work according to the specific module and module assessment methods.
Assessment: combination of assignments and examination.
Graduate employment may be found in public or private sectors in built environment disciplines, especially in the careers of civil engineering, transportation, public health or environmental engineering, dealing with many key activities such as utilities, construction, design, infrastructure, sustainability, environmental and traffic impacts and waste management. Skills developed will include rational thinking, integrative studies and recent knowledge of current issues such as legislative structures, sustainability challenges, design practices, research-led knowledge. Recent graduates have found professional employment in the UK Water Sector, Australian engineering industries, Scottish Local Authorities, Irish County Councils, major consulting engineers and in Research posts.
How to apply: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/how-to-apply#pg
Why Choose Ulster University ?
1. Over 92% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation.
2. We are a top UK university for providing courses with a period of work placement.
3. Our teaching and the learning experience we deliver are rated at the highest level by the Quality Assurance Agency.
4. We recruit international students from more than 100 different countries.
5. More than 4,000 students from over 50 countries have successfully completed eLearning courses at Ulster University.
To help spread the cost of your studies, tuition fees can be paid back in monthly instalments while you learn. If you study for a one-year, full-time master’s, you can pay your fees up-front, in one lump sum, or in either five or ten equal monthly payments. If you study for a master’s on a part-time basis (e.g. over three years), you can pay each year’s fees up-front or in five or ten equal monthly payments each year. This flexibility allows you to spread the payment of your fees over each academic year. Find out more by visiting https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/postgraduate
A comprehensive range of financial scholarships, awards and prizes are available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students. Scholarships recognise the many ways in which our students are outstanding in their subject. Individuals may be able to apply directly or may automatically be nominated for awards. Visit the website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-finance/scholarships
English Language Tuition
CELT offers courses and consultations in English language and study skills to Ulster University students of all subjects, levels and nationalities. Students and researchers for whom English is an additional language can access free CELT support throughout the academic year: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/international/english-language-support