This programme provides you with advanced analytical training, quantitative knowledge and the practical skill sets required by modern financial institutions. It aims to equip you with a solid education in financial analysis, risk management and financial engineering for a successful career in the finance and banking industries. It is heavily maths/quant weighted with advanced maths modules and programming modules designed with practical applications in mathematical/quant finance.
The programme will equip you with:
• intellectual skills and theoretical understandings appropriate for the study of financial mathematics and quantitative analysis at postgraduate level
• practical mathematics and object-oriented programming skills linking finance theories to real-world application
• skills in research, evaluation and analysis and the quantitative techniques to evaluate and interpret complex data and research literature
• skills and abilities to devise, plan and undertake complex research projects in the field of financial mathematics
• Advanced Modelling Methods in Finance
• Advanced Financial Econometrics
• Computational Methods in Finance
• Continuous Time Finance
• Advanced Statistics
• Stochastic Calculus
• Microeconomics for Financial Mathematics
• Quantitative Methods
• Numerical Computation in Finance
• Advanced Risk Management
What are my career prospects?
A graduate degree in financial mathematics gives you many employment opportunities in the business world such as in banks, investment firms, insurance companies, consulting services to financial industries, government regulators, business entities, and teaching and research at universities or research institution, and government entities.
NOTE: ICAEW ACCREDITATION IS STILL OUTSTANDING. APPLICATION IN PROGRESS.