This programme provides students with thorough education and training needed to understand different aspects of the field of material sciences. It aligns with similar MSc programmes at the University of Liverpool and is delivered entirely in English.
The programme contains taught modules covering areas from synthetic chemistry to nanotechnology to analytical methods and instrumentation. It places strong emphasis on the development of project management and personal skills. After completing the taught modules, you will engage in a 12-month extensive research project of your choice that leads to submission of a dissertation.
A customised learning plan is designed for you, taking into account your background and career aspirations. Successful completion of the programme leads to the award of an MRes degree from the University of Liverpool.
What are benefits of the programme?
• Taught by international staff who are experts in various fields of chemistry
• Provides a range of critical interdisciplinary research skills
• Offers strong theoretical background, practical instrumentation skills and an intensive research project
• Excellent preparation for PhD programmes abroad and in Chinese universities
• Help you develop career-enhancing key personal and employable skills such as time management, report writing, team-building and networking, and project management
• The department has strong link to local and international industries
• XJTLU is in an attractive location with many biotechnology companies nearby in BioBay and the Cold Spring Harbour Asia Centre
• Synthetic Chemistry
• Natural Products
• Peptide/Protein Chemistry
• Analytical Methods and Instruments
What are my career prospects?
• Successful graduates can establish careers in a wide range of industries including:
• Chemical and material
• Food and beverages (quality assurance and new formulation)
• Analytical labs