This programme provides a thorough understanding of key approaches for studying biological processes at the molecular level. It takes advantage of XJTLU’s advanced English-language capabilities, distinctive international features, and state-of-the-art research facilities. It covers biotechnology-related topics such as molecular biology, protein biochemistry and drug discovery, as well as post-genomic biology (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and bioimaging), and bioinformatics (the acquisition and statistical analysis of large-scale biodata).
It also places a major emphasis on providing project management skills. After completing taught modules you will on an in-depth research project and a specialised dissertation. Customised individual learning plans are designed for you in keeping with your backgrounds and career aspirations. Successful completion of the programme leads to the award of an MRes degree from the University of Liverpool.
Our department has internationally respected investigators in the field of molecular bioscience research and excellent teaching and laboratory infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to carry out world-class research in a dynamic, transnational environment.
What are benefits of the programme?
Taught by international academic staff who are experts in molecular bioscience
• Provides a range of critical interdisciplinary research skills
• Offers an internationally recognised qualification from a globally respected university
• Excellent preparation for PhD programmes in high quality international and Chinese universities
• Helps you develop key employable skills such as data analysis, report writing, team-building and networking, and project management
• Relates to careers in a wide range of bioindustries including biotechnology, bioengineering, bioagriculture, biomanufacturing and pharmaceuticals
• Close to many biotechnology companies in BioBay and the prestigious Cold Spring Harbour Asia Centre
What are my career prospects?
The programme prepares graduates for advanced research in both international and Chinese university settings, as well as in the bioindustrial sector such as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
• Research Methods I - Biotechnology
• Research Methods II - Post-genomic Biology
• Research Methods III - Bioinformatics
• Project Management
• Research Project I