This two-year programme prepares you for two main purposes: to work as a fully qualified professional architect and to conduct independent research, qualifying you for further PhD-level studies.
The programme is designed to deliver all the learning outcomes as defined by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) to qualify for part 2 validation, which is the second out of three stages in the formal educational process required to register as a professional architect in the United Kingdom.
The programme offers an international perspective, at the same time enabling you to grapple with the demands of rapid modernisation in China. When you graduate from this programme you will receive an international masters degree from the University of Liverpool.
Units are formed around the research of the department and the specific needs of the profession within China and across the world. Studio units are formed around the following themes:
• Urban development and regeneration
• Innovation in fabrication and construction
• Computer-aided architectural design
• Architectural theory and criticism
• Social and cultural studies
• Design Studio 1
• Applied Technology in Architecture
• Architectural Theory and Criticism
• Advanced Professional Practice
• Design Studio 2
• Topics in Architectural History
Summer Practice Placement (3 months)
• Design Studio 3
• Architectural Design and Research Methods
• Practice Based Enquiry and Architectural Representation
• Design Studio 4
What are my career prospects?
Our graduates find excellent opportunities jobs in administration, research and higher education, as well as in the building and creative industries. Our highly international academic staff offer you individual career advice for entry into many job markets in Asia, Europe, Australia and the Americas.