Pursue the legalities of career advancement
Suitable for law graduates who are looking to practice law, provide legal services or venture into academia, this course will arm you with an advanced capacity for legal reading and writing and allow you to demonstrate an ability to define and develop a research topic and support a sustained argument via a legal style guide.
You can also fine-tune your qualifications by undertaking a Masters of Laws Dissertation, prepare a thesis tailored to your interests or choose electives that align with your professional aspirations. Career advancement, anyone?
Study a Master Laws at UC and you will:
- demonstrate an advanced capacity for legal research, reading and writing
- demonstrate an ability to define and develop a legal research topic in depth, support a sustained argument and follow a legal style guide
- have the option of undertaking a Masters of Laws Dissertation, where you will be able to articulate an understanding of the historical development of the dissemination of the law
- state a thesis and build and support a sustained argument throughout a significant piece of legal scholarship;
- have the option of selecting a range of elective units to fine-tune your degree.
Typical study pattern
Year 1 Option 1
Year 1 Option 2
Students who complete a Master of Laws program are often in professions that deal with legal boundaries. This course will assist:
- business owners
- government employees
- professors and teaching staff
- certified public accountants
- lawyers or those that offer legal services