Our world would grind to a halt without reliable and efficient software. Global financial markets, regulation of power generation, telecommunications, health care and public transport are all controlled with computer software, as is the manufacturing of equipment, vehicles and household appliances. The need for software engineers with the broad perspective offered by this program cannot be overstated: graduates will be in demand across all industry sectors.
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Dependable Software Systems is an intensive one-year degree program for software engineers who want to explore the principles and techniques for maintaining the integrity and reliability of software systems in diverse application areas. The project-based curriculum covers all stages of the industry value chain. Graduates will confidently translate research ideas into practice while developing a deep understanding of how software-intensive systems are engineered through collaboration. While 60 per cent of your classes will focus on your technical specialization, the remaining 40 per cent are leadership development courses that will enhance your business, communication and people skills. Delivery of the management and leadership courses are in partnership with UBC's Sauder School of Business.
With their broad foundation for analyzing and addressing software dependability issues across many different industry sectors, graduates of this program prepares students for software jobs as well as roles in automotive, aviation and health care industries. Graduates will be highly sought after by employers locally, nationally and internationally, with government and industry employers constantly seeking experts in this field.