Humber’s Multi-Platform Storytelling graduate certificate program is a fully online program that will prepare you for the exciting and innovative world of writing and producing across an ever-increasing array of screen-based platforms. It will cultivate your ability to adapt to a constantly changing multi-platform media industry through engagement with a range of traditional and emerging media forms. You will develop strong entrepreneurial and collaboration skills and initiative through team-based and individual projects. Professional communication and pitching skills are fostered through a mentorship course, which pairs a student with an industry-based professional. The mentorship course also provides students with an opportunity to begin building their professional network and portfolio.
You will learn how to access traditional and innovative funding opportunities while building personal brands as creative, cross-disciplinary, global storytellers. The program uses leading edge curriculum design and online delivery that surpasses conventional perceptions about online education. It will be attractive to international and distance students, industry professionals seeking upgrading, as well as graduates of Canadian degree and advanced diploma programs.
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate will:
• Evaluate the potential business opportunities of a story, including funding, audience targets and marketing.
• Pitch and present projects in writing, orally and using a variety of multi-media and web-based methods.
• Access public and private sector funding for multi-platform media projects.
• Write original stories that are at once personal and universal, thoughtful and compelling, honed through a rigorous writing revision process.
• Adapt stories for production across various media.
• Select optimal technologies and platforms for telling a given story.
• Produce creative projects from idea to delivery phases.
• Adhere with applicable legal, ethical and professional standards of the media industry.
• Develop a personal brand identity and creative edge using personal resources and background.
• Display professionalism and openness when receiving constructive critique and story suggestions.
• Develop and apply strategies for personal and career development through activities such as research, experimentation, mentorship and networking.
• MPS 5000: Orientation and Online Learning Primer
• MPS 5001: Fiction and Nonfiction Narratives
• MPS 5002: Gaming, Interactive and Multi-Platform Media
• MPS 5003: Multi-Platform Ideation
• MPS 5004: Screenplay and Story
• MPS 5005: Entrepreneurship and Creative Producing
• MPS 5006: Multi-Platform Storytelling
• MPS 5007: Thesis Project and Mentorship in Multi-Platform Storytelling
Ontario is emerging as an important hub for media production with Toronto’s film and television cluster now ranking third in North America. Our program has been designed to address this growing demand for trained professionals who can create engaging content in multi-platform delivery.
Sample Career Titles
• Public Relations Officer
• Strategic Communications Officer
• Copywriting/Creative Content Producer
• Social Media Coordinator
• Digital Strategist
• Marketing Coordinator
• Digital Media Performance Officer
• Public Relations firms
• Production Studios
• Advertising Agencies
• News Agencies
• Marketing Firms
• Consulting Groups
• Postsecondary Institutions
How to apply
Click here to apply: http://humber.ca/admissions/how-apply.html
For information on funding, please use the following link: http://humber.ca/admissions/financial-aid.html