Humber’s Business Management – Entrepreneurial Enterprise graduate certificate program provides the practical skills and knowledge you’ll need to take on a wide variety of leadership roles in innovative entrepreneurial enterprises.
This program covers every area of entrepreneurship from the fundamentals of developing and refining ideas to launching, growing and managing the enterprise. You will be prepared to take on key management roles in entrepreneurial enterprises including operations, marketing and sales, finance, human resources, and strategic planning. Plus, you will learn all you need to start and manage your own new enterprise.
Students in this program can participate in Humber’s New Ventures Seed Fund contest for a chance at up to $10,000 in seed funding. And, they can compete in our LaunchPad pitch competition for a share of up to $40,000 in prize money. Annual amounts may vary. Students in this program automatically become members of Humber’s Centre for Entrepreneurship which gives them access to mentorship, coaching, networking events, seminars, workshops, and entrepreneurial facilities and workspaces.
Upon successful completion of the program, a graduate will:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive business plan for a new business enterprise.
• Present an executive summary of a comprehensive business plan to potential financial backers.
• Set up and operate a basic bookkeeping and accounting system for a new enterprise that will enable effective financial management.
• Construct, interpret and analyze key financial statements.
• Devise marketing plans encompassing development, implementation, performance monitoring and adjustment using appropriate tools, techniques and applications.
• Execute leadership strategies by modelling ethical practices and corporate social responsibility to enhance a firm’s competitive position and sustainability.
• Comply with legal and regulatory requirements, tax and other financial requirements, and non-financial compliance requirements and controls systems.
• Apply various selling structures, methods and techniques to generate revenue and effectively manage client relationships.
• Develop and implement an effective human resource management plan to support new ventures and ongoing business operations.
• Build and manage relationships using communication, networking, teamwork and leadership skills.
• Use evidence-based analysis and decision-making in all functional business areas.
• Analyze and realign business strategies to contribute to the operational sustainability of new or ongoing small or medium size enterprise.
• BME 5000: MS Office Computer Skills
• BME 5001: Entrepreneurship Fundamentals
• BME 5002: Business Research
• BME 5003: Finance for Entrepreneurs
• BME 5004: Marketing and Communications for Entrepreneurs
• BME 5005: Career Development
• BME 5006: Law and Intellectual Property
• BME 5500: Human Resources for Entrepreneurs
• BME 5501: Operations Management
• BME 5502: Sales and Business Development
• BME 5503: Entrepreneurship Capstone
• BME 5504: Entrepreneurial Leadership
• BME 5505: Entrepreneurial Seminar
• BME 5550: Entrepreneurial Placement
Get hands-on experience through our 160-hour (minimum) work placement that will give you the opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in class to real-world situations. With our support, you’ll find your placement with a manager in an innovative small- to medium-sized enterprise, an entrepreneur in an early-stage venture or you can use your placement to start your own business. Placements can be completed part time throughout the academic year or full time once classes finish.
Start your career by working in an innovative entrepreneurial organization instead of a large, established corporation. These positions often require expertise in a wide range of management functions – operations, marketing and sales, finance, human resources, and strategic planning – and provide a strong basis of experience to grow on. Or, be your own boss.
Whether you have a skill, a trade, a passion or just a great idea, this program will provide the knowledge and skills you’ll need to develop a viable enterprise and manage it successfully on an ongoing basis.
How to apply
Click here to apply: http://humber.ca/admissions/how-apply.html
For information on funding, please use the following link: http://humber.ca/admissions/financial-aid.html