Get the Competitive Edge for Your Finance Career
“There is a dramatic increase in the need for experts in risk management and compliance. This program will produce the specialized talent that the finance industry demands.” - Richard Nesbitt, CEO of Global Risk Institute for Financial Services and former Chief Operating Officer of CIBC
The Master of Financial Risk Management (MFRM) is designed to prepare students who excel at finance and quantitative analysis for careers in this in-demand sector. A bridge between your academic and professional life, the full-time, 8-month program allows you to fast track into the finance industry, giving you a competitive edge over applicants with just an undergraduate degree. Turn risk into reward: consider the MFRM.
- Curriculum: The curriculum will allow you to master the complex issues involved in risk management. This full-time program runs from the beginning of September to the end of the following April and includes two course terms and one integrated project.
- Globally-Renowned Faculty: Rotman’s finance faculty are ranked among the top in the world for research and for finance. They include both seasoned industry professionals and prominent academics such as John Hull, Peter Christoffersen and Alan White.
- Industry Connections: Benefit from strong ties between the school and the finance industry. Through speaking events with industry executives, an integrated project on a real-world business challenge, and exposure to faculty like Richard Nesbitt, former COO of CIBC, and Dean Tiff Macklem, former Senior Deputy Governor of the Bank of Canada, you’ll learn from some of the top leaders in the industry.
- Master Your Career: Our career services team is dedicated to providing you tailored support to help you reach your professional goals.
- Innovative Resources: The BMO Financial Group Finance Research and Trading Lab allows you to gain access to live data feeds, take part in simulations, manage your own portfolio, experiment with different trading strategies, and test your risk management ideas.
See the website https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/MastersPrograms/MFRM.aspx#The%20Program