Leadership and management skills are essential for all qualified dental professionals. The skills ensure appropriate patient care is
delivered and for driving innovation within dental practices.
Whether you are the principal dentist or part of the practice management team, you are often responsible for a broad range of nonclinical
aspects of the business including the performance management of staff, managing resources, marketing and budgetary
This new qualification, delivered by the UK’s leading dental education provider, Healthcare Learning is a nationally recognised
qualification specifically tailored for dental professionals. The qualification is approved by the Institute of Leadership & Management
(ILM), and learners are eligible to join this professional body.
The part-time programme is delivered online, over a period of 6 months and is designed to fit around the busy lives of dental
professionals. The course requires only 4-6 hours studying per week.
An experienced faculty with a wealth of experience of both Leadership Development and Dentistry deliver this highly interactive
programme. This is complemented by high quality eLearning. Assignments focus on addressing real-world challenges in the
participant’s own Dental Practice.
The majority of the learning will be on-line and will combine
interactive distance learning, webinars, recorded lectures and
live learning. This is an integrated programme, using the best
of new media and technology.
The education support platform provides the following:
- Student Profile
- Learning Plan
- Key Events Calendar
- My Progress Tracking
- E-learning modules
- Access to ILM Studying Membership resources
The course consists of 4 units, focusing upon key leadership
topics relevant for Dentists and Dental Practice Managers:
• Understanding the Management Role (to Improve
• Budgetary Planning and Control
• Managing Resources
• Planning and Leading (a Complex Team Activity)
Each unit is typically offered twice a year, with the option to
join the programme at any point (for example: participants
could start studying with ‘Managing Resources’, completing
their programme with ‘Budgetary Planning and Control’).
that provides the essential skills required by Dental
Professionals working in a management role.
challenges in the participant’s own Dental Practice.
participants to access the course regardless of place
We are currently accepting applications for starting January 2018 onwards.
To find out more and how to apply contact us on +44 (0)20 7400 8989 or email [email protected]
Healthcare Learning is the home of the most advanced thinking in undergraduate and postgraduate healthcare education. They are
internationally acclaimed providers of learning solutions with innovative interactive content and media rich platforms for students around
Using a wealth of experience delivering on-line solutions, Healthcare Learning offers a wide range of products and services for corporate
and healthcare organisations. These include qualifications, interactive learning courses, websites, events, publications, learning
compliance systems, bespoke solutions and mobile applications.
The MBA in Healthcare is aimed at clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals across all sections of the healthcare industry. The programme aims to promote the best principles of management, entrepreneurship and innovation alongside showing how this can be applied to any health services agency or health-related organisation.
This part-time, two year blended-learning qualification is delivered using the very latest technology through a mixture of webinars, online lectures and face-to-face tuition. This allows you to continue with your current working commitments, whilst studying at a pace that suits your busy lifestyle.
If you want to get ahead in your healthcare career and stand out from the rest, this MBA in Healthcare is for you. Be the best you can be.
MBA in Healthcare – “Giving you the skills you need to improve performance and deliver results”
The main aims of the programme are to:
- Provide an innovative programme which develops core knowledge and understanding of the theoritical and conceptual frameworks which underpin healthcare and improvements in its delivery
- Present sound academic theories and concepts that are applicable in any healthcare setting and in any country
- Provide students with a detailed understanding of individual and organisational behaviours, the ability to synthesise, utilise and implement evidence gathered from diverse sources, and give insight into the range of techniques and tools available to support healthcare organisations and their management
- Develop skills in strategy, development and decision making within the context of the workplace environment where the skills will be applied, thereby resulting in microtransformations in health service delivery through action learning
- Deliver learning using the latest technology, enabling students to access the programme regardless of place or time zone
Part-time Distance Learning-
The majority of the learning resources will be online. The programme will combine interactive e-Learning, webinars, live learning and recorded lectures to create an integrated learning programme, using the best of new media and technology.
The programme is designed to encourage the student to take responsibility for his/her own learning. The emphasis of the MBA is on a self-directed learning approach.
The type of teaching will be distance online self-directed learning. In addition, activities on this programme will be supplemented by attendance at three residential courses to complete the hands-on portion of the course.
- Assessments take the form of Short Answer Questions (SAQs), structure essays, critical appraisal, clinical audits and work based projects and exercises
- The majority of assessments are posted online and students normally have two weeks to complete and submit
- Single best answer and reflective questions are used throughout the modules as a form of self-assessment
Candidates must be able to satisfy the general admissions criteria of the University, applicants will be required to:
- Provide evidence of a first degree or equivalent and/or
- Provide evidence of Accreditation for Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) and Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a relevant field
- Have access to a clinical environment
- Where the applicant’s first language is not English, applicants must produce a copy of either an IELTS certificate (score must be no less than 6.5) or a TOEFL certificate (score must be no less than 575 on the paper-based test, 230 on the computer-based test or 90 on the iBT test).