This programme provides all the benefits associated with an MBA award whilst allowing you to study a programme that exposes you to the more detailed Human Resource Management aspects associated with a career in management and executive development.
A distinctive element of the MBA: HRM programme is the opportunity to gain professional accreditation from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) alongside the academic award. The CMI accreditation may be subject to an additional fee to the awarding body, CMI.
On this programme you will be exposed to contemporary thinking in business management and business research. This will be through a series of experiences supported by academic staff who are research active in the field of business management, complemented by a guest speaker programme of business experts and researchers. You will also have the opportunity to engage in a live business project.
All modules are delivered utilising a range of teaching, learning and assessment strategies including lectures, seminars, a guest speaker programme, tutorials, workshops and global café style learning activities. Each module tutor will adopt the best practices to facilitate your learning and development. All the modules above are compulsory for MBA: HRM. You will be able to study either part-time or full-time.
The programme aims to:
• Develop a critical, reflective and integrated understanding of business generally and specifically relating the management and HRM and the role of managers within the context of business sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics, helping you undertake effective roles in business organisations as responsible managers.
• Provide opportunities for advanced study and practical application of the key concepts and concerns through authentic learning experiences in the ‘real world’ with a specialist knowledge of the HRM aspects of business.
• Develop your self-awareness. This is grounded on positive and critical attitudes towards culture, diversity, change management and conflict management. The framework is created around the role of management and leadership in the context of a dynamic and vibrant international business and management environment.
• Provide the opportunities to convert theory into practice within complex environments, systematically and creatively to improve business practice through project work with internal University departments and external businesses.
• Develop and enhance your skills of lifelong learning and professional development in order to work with self-direction and originality.
• Research in Contemporary Business Issues
• Business & Sustainability
• Managing Business Finance
• People Management
• Planning & Organising the Business Project
• The Dynamics of Managing Conflict, Diversity & Ethics
• Strategic & Operational Human Resource Management
• Leading & Managing the Business Project
• Research Investigation
All modules listed above are assessed through a programme of work undertaken whilst studying for the MBA: HRM. A range of assessment tools are used including presentations, critical essays, portfolios and reflective journals, exams and case study work.
You will receive detailed feedback on assessments to help you develop and continuously improve your performance whilst on the programme. Advice will be provided in relation to development, further areas for research and guidance on how to enhance your knowledge of business and practice.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please see the following link: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/how-to-apply/
Other sources of funding
Information on alternative sources of funding can be found here: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/student-services/money/funding-my-course/postgraduate-/postgraduate-funding-/