Increasing globalization and regional integration creates the need for good knowledge of international commercial law.
I ncreasing globalization and regional integration creates the need for good knowledge of international commercial law. This knowledge is especially important if you wish to enter a career in the field of international private law and when you are planning of becoming a lawyer working in internationally operating private firms or law firms.
This LLM programme covers:
- specialization in (international) commercial law, especially with regard to contracts and subjects of contracts
- including the solving of (commercial) disputes when needed.
Why in Groningen?
This programme has a focus on private law and international aspects of private (international) law. There is a possibility to write an article for publication within the programme (usually linked to the writing of the Master's thesis).
The programme more specifically provides its graduates with excellent opportunities to pursue various careers:
- a legal career within internationally operating law firms;
- a commercial or legal career in internationally operating companies in trade, industry or services;
- starting an academic career by writing a PhD;
- or take up government positions in the field of trade and economics that require understanding of commercial law.