The Advanced Master in Innovation & Strategic Management will provide students with the tools, skills and mindset needed to deal with the challenge of fast-evolving organisations. It helps students to develop their entrepreneurial abilities, to analyse complex challenges and influence their environment early on in their careers. It covers the main management disciplines (strategy, marketing, finance, project management, etc.) with a focus on the future. It embraces innovation in all its aspects, from technological, thanks to a real understanding of social media, new products and services, to new business models and organisational forms.
The programme will show you the importance of innovation and how to think strategically. You will master key management concepts and learn how to drive innovation projects. It will help you to develop your entrepreneurial skills and to understand the dominant strategic logic in many different sectors around the world. In short, you will learn how to think globally and act locally.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
• Make informed choices about strategic issues that have a high level of uncertainty
• Solve complex business problems
• Work in or lead teams in charge of change management projects
• Start your own venture (if you want to) or join an existing one
After graduation, an unlimited range of job opportunities will be accessible for you. Here are some of the careers that participants could undertake:
• Business developer or project manager in a small or medium-sized innovative business
• Project manager or business analyst in ‘new business’, R&D or the innovation division of an established business
• Strategy or technology consultant
• Advisor in innovation or entrepreneurship support initiatives: incubators, technology transfer office, venture capital, entrepreneurship centre, etc.
• Member of the founding team of a start-up, or an independent
• However, to successfully grow in your working life and make the right choices for your career, it is fundamental to define your goals and have the tools to achieve them. The Solvay Brussels School’s career service will help you in building your career thanks to its strong connection with the business sector and to its dynamic team who will accompany each participant into the professional world.
From self-assessment to networking opportunities, our team assists participants to realise their full potential. Through a wide range of seminars, coaching sessions, workshops, events and other resources, we help our participants to discover the career path best suited to their personal fulfilment.
Interested? Visit http://am.solvay.edu/innovation-strategic-management/
> Non-EU students: May 31st 2018 (recommendation related to visa procedures)
> EU students: July 15th 2018
Vesalius College Brussels (the Liberal Arts College and Global Affairs School affiliated with the Free University of Brussels) is pleased to launch its Master Programme in Global Peace, Security and Strategic Studies (GPSSS) in Fall 2018.
Directed by Professor Jamie Shea (NATO Deputy Assistant Secretary-General for Emerging Security Challenges), this unique one-year Master’s programme (possibility of part-time modus of evening classes -two-year-) provides students and professionals with comprehensive knowledge and policy-oriented skills at the intersection of peace, security and strategic studies.
Designed, led and taught by a transnational network of leading international academics from top universities and think tanks as well as senior policy-makers from the United Nations, NATO and the European Union, this programme enables students interested in an international career in government, international organisations, think tanks or NGOs to gain unique theoretical foundations, practical skill-sets and high-level contacts.
With its strong links to the policy-making world and university/think tank partners in Brussels, wider Europe, the US and around the globe, the programme offers students a truly global and transatlantic exchange between theory and practice. Major scholars, think tanks, founders of the discipline of peace studies and senior strategists in security studies (including NATO specialists, the Royal Military Academy of Belgium and the Egmont Institute) are brought together in the partnership circle, advisory board and faculty of this programme to allow for a critical and balanced exchange between the perspectives. Graduates of this programme will be equipped to extract the insights, advantages and limitations of these perspectives and approaches to global peace, security and strategy.
*Dates are subject to change