About the programme
The programme is co-organised by Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and Universite Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), offering students the possibility to obtain a double master's degree at the end of the programme. The first year of courses is taught at the ULB Engineering Campus in Brussels, while the second year is taught at VUB.
This Master offers:
- A broad range of scientific knowledge combining a multidisciplinary engineering training with an in-depth specialisation in the chosen major.
- Students the necessary tools to begin a productive career in engineering practice or research.
- Close contact with highly qualified academic staff and specialists from industry and research institutes.
- The best international context you can think of in Europe. Study in Brussels, the capital of Europe!
- A gateway to a challenging and exciting future.
- Students the opportunity to become an engineer with scientific and technological efficiency
The program trains engineers with scientific and technological efficiency. The program is academic, meaning that it is characterized by close links to scientific research in the related fields as well as the profession.
Students must obtain a scientific balance between thorough, critical knowledge and practical skills, with emphasis on independence, creativity and inventiveness.
The academically educated engineer must be eager to study throughout his/her career in order to be able to assimilate the results of research and learn new skills. He/she must be able to solve problems. In addition, he/she should have both social and language skills.
- To train engineers specialized in machine construction, the automobile industry, thermal installations, aircraft construction, consulting firms, application of machinery, maintenance of chemical, petrochemical and nuclear companies, production, distribution and application of electric energy (including power electronics and maintenance of industrial installations)
- To specialize in electromechanical engineering while maintaining a broad-based education by balancing the specialization with more general subjects.
Choose between four majors
This master enables students to build a broad ranging scientific knowledge combined with a multidisciplinary engineering traiwithning an in-depth specialization in the chosen major: Aeronautics, Energy, Mechatronics-Construction or Vehicle Technology and Transport.
Aeronautics: students will become engineers who are competent in the many aspects of cutting-edge technologies in the aeronautics sector and their spin-off possibilities in other industrial sectors. The programme includes all aspects of construction, exploitation and maintenance of aircraft and spacecraft.
Energy: students will become engineers who are specifically well-acquainted with systems for production, transport distribution and electronic conversion of energy, as well as its transformation into mechanical energy. Sustainable energy, rational use of energy and energy management are also covered.
Mechatronics-Construction: students will become engineers who are able to optimally design, produce, maintain and apply complex electromechanical systems..
Vehicle Technology and Transport: students will become engineers who can design systems in which transportation of people and goods are central, with special attention to innovative, environmentally friendly vehicles
Available on http://www.vub.ac.be/en/study/electromechanical-engineering/programme