The Master program Entrepreneurship & Tourism enables participants to develop and focus on applying skills and theories that allow them to recognize and use market opportunities in- and outside organizations. Thus they are provided with the necessary base to be innovative and reach sustainable success.
Primary curriculum goals include:
- to gather sound and application-oriented knowledge to further develop management expertise and approaches to entrepreneurship in tourism;
- the reflection and discussion of key competencies needed to develop entrepreneurial and intercultural leadership skills;
- the students acquire profound and practice-based knowledge about strategic and operational marketing and learn how to professionally apply this knowledge in the tourism and leisure industry;
- the development of key skills and competencies needed to lead family businesses in tourism;
- the development of a sound understanding and theory of market trends and their implications for international tourism;
- to gather sound knowledge and know-how to deal with the key-issues for the management of destinations and innovation.
Within the framework of the Master degree program “Entrepreneurship & Tourism” students have the opportunity to choose between two innovative areas of specialization, namely “Strategic Management & Tourism” and “Marketing Management & Tourism”. In “Strategic Management & Tourism”, courses are held in German and English, whereas the courses in “Marketing Management & Tourism” are held exclusively in English.
The Master specialization ‘Strategic Management & Tourism’ comprises 4 semesters with 15 seminar weeks each including a total of 72 credit units of required courses, which equals a total of 1,080 units of instruction. Attendance is mandatory in all courses.
The third semester is designed around an international study focus, which is achieved through cooperation
with selected partner universities. In the fourth semester, the students are expected to write a Master thesis that is academically
sound and has a strong industry focus. The language of instruction is English.
The curriculum consists of modules clustering seminar blocks that are related in content.