The part-time MSc Renewable Energy Systems is the first cross-border program in Europe dealing with the future issues of alternative energy production. Since 2005, TU Wien, Energiepark Bruck/Leitha and further partner organisations across Europe have offered this practice-oriented master’s program.
With this comprehensive education in the field of renewable energy you acquire knowledge and competence for the design of plants for the use of renewable energy sources from an economic and legal point-of-view, the operation of plants and the future assessment of environmental, technical and economic developments of renewable energy systems.
This master's program focuses on three aspects in particular: technological innovations, management of sustainable energy systems, and economic as well as legal frameworks.
- Technological Innovations: Participants acquire a basic technical knowledge in the area of alternative energy production. The fast-changing nature and development of this sector are specifically considered. Focal points are solar energy, wind power, biomass, biogas, small hydropower stations, photovoltaics, bio fuel, and geothermal technology as well as issues, such as energy saving and energy efficiency.
- Management of Sustainable Energy Systems: Conveys skills, such as project development, project financing, project operation, and knowledge on business management. Furthermore, participants obtain a detailed market overview on selected European countries.
- General Economic and Legal Framework: Participants obtain knowledge on the general economic and legal frameworks of European Union as well as national directives and legal provisions of selected European countries.
- Introduction on Renewable Energy
- Biomass, Biofuels and Biogas
- Solar Energy – Solar Heating and Photovoltaics
- Geothermal Energy, Wind Power, and Small Hydro Power
- Efficient Energy Use and Thermal Building Optimization
- General Legal and Economical Frameworks
- Integration of Renewable Energy Sources into the Energy System
- Management and Soft Skills
- Perspectives on the Use of Renewable Energy
- Master´s Thesis
More details on the contents and modules can be found here.
To provide the participants with in-depth knowledge on energy markets in Europe, tailor-made country modules in selected European countries are an essential part of this MSc program. For more information in the country modules, please click here.
Individuals within companies, organisations, and authorities who are engaged in planning, operating or evaluation of renewable energy or who are involved in financing, promotion, legal licensing, operation of facilities for the use of renewable energy or environmental issues.
With the MSc Program you acquire knowledge and competence for
- the design of plants for the use of renewable energy sources from economic and legal point-of-view
- the operation of plants for the use of renewable energy sources,
- the future assessment of environmental, technological and economic developments of renewable energy systems.