The Melbourne Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) is Australia’s first graduate-entry, professional veterinary science qualification. The DVM is based on the latest global thinking in veterinary science practice, teaching and learning.
As a NEW Generation Melbourne DVM student, you will take part in our unique Tracks program. Tracks prepare you best for your chosen career path by concentrating your studies on a particular area of clinical interest and gaining complementary industry-ready skills and knowledge. This represents the latest international education models and enables you to stand out from the crowd upon graduation.
Our DVM curriculum has been developed around five learning domains, which infuse every subject and are based around the attributes of a veterinary scientist:
- The scientific basis of clinical practice
- Ethics and animal welfare
- Biosecurity and population health
- Clinical skills
- Personal and professional development
- Graduates of the Melbourne Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) are internationally accredited to work overseas.
- You will be equipped to solve problems, draw on the substantial body of veterinary knowledge, interpret evidence, and make decisions within a solid professional and ethical framework.
- Gain the right mix of theoretical and practical skills as well as career-focused clinical training.
- Experience strong bonds with teaching staff and fellow students. The strength of our community leads to excellent networking, placement and employment opportunities, which can really take you places, from the rich farming lands of Tasmania, to the bustle of Hong Kong, or the savannahs of South Africa.
- Benefit from our Faculties strong national and international links with the veterinary profession, agricultural and animal health industries, and research agencies.