WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in mechanical engineering
- Hard hitting know-how in pumps, compressors, piping, seals and machinery safety
- Guidance from experts in the field of mechanical engineering technology
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world recognized EIT Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
Next intake is scheduled for October 02, 2018. Applications now open; places are limited.
There are limited places in all of our courses to ensure great interaction can be achieved between the presenters and the students.
Contact us now to receive help from experienced Course Advisors!
Whilst there is probably not a serious shortage of theoretically oriented practitioners in mechanical engineering, there is a shortage of highly skilled practically oriented mechanical technologists and engineers in the world today, due to the new technologies only recently becoming a key component of all modern plants, factories and offices. The critical shortage of experts in the area has been accentuated by retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new industries and technologies. This is regardless of the recession in many countries.
Many businesses throughout the world comment on the difficulty in finding experienced mechanical engineers and technologists despite paying outstanding salaries. For example, about two years ago a need developed for mechanical technologists and engineers in building process plants. The interface from the traditional SCADA and industrial automation system to the web and to mechanical equipment has also created a new need for expertise in these areas. Specialists in these areas are few and far between.
The aim of this 18 month e-learning program is to provide you with core skills in working with mechanical engineering technology and systems and to take advantage of the growing need by industry here.
The five threads running through this program are:
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering Technologies
- Applications of Mechanical Engineering Technologies
- Energy Systems
- Industrial Automation
- Plant operations and maintenance personnel
- Design engineers
- Process technicians, technologists and engineers
- Process control engineers and supervisors
- Mechanical technicians, technologists and engineers
- Mechanical equipment sales engineers
- Pump and mechanical equipment operators
- Contract and asset managers
The course is composed of 21 modules, which cover 5 main threads, to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of Mechanical Engineering Technology:
FUNDAMENTALS OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Drive Systems
A C Electrical Motors and Drives
Rotating Equipment Balancing, Alignment and Condition Monitoring
APPLICATIONS OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning
Process Plant Layout and Piping Design
Pumps and Compressors
Renewable Energy Systems
Measurement and Control Systems
Management of Hazardous Areas
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located almost anywhere in the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. A full list of fees in a currency appropriate for every country would be complex to navigate and, with today’s exchange rate fluctuations, difficult to maintain. Instead we aim to give you a rapid response regarding fees that is customised to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student commences study. For a rapid reply to your enquiry regarding courses fees and payment options, please enquire via the below button and we will respond within 2 business days.