IN THIS INTENSIVE, PART-TIME, 18-MONTH ONLINE PROGRAM YOU WILL GAIN:
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in E & I oil and gas engineering
- Tremendous boost to your E & I oil and gas career – no matter whether you are a new graduate or a technician
- Decades of real experience distilled into the course presentations and materials
- Guidance from real E & I oil and gas experts in the field
- Hands-on practical knowledge from the extensive experience of instructors, rather than the theoretical information from books and colleges
- Credibility as the local expert in E & I oil and gas
- Networking contacts in the oil and gas industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- An Advanced Diploma in Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering for Oil and Gas
Next intake is scheduled for September 26, 2017. Applications are now open; places are limited.
There is a growing shortage, and hence opportunity, for Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) technicians, technologists and engineers in the oil and gas industry. This is due to an increasing need for higher technology methods of obtaining and processing oil and gas as it is a finite declining resource. The technical challenges of extracting oil and gas are becoming ever more demanding, with increasing emphasis on more marginal fields and previously inaccessible zones such as deep oceans, Polar regions, Falkland Islands and Greenland. The aim of this 18-month e-learning program is to provide you with core E & I engineering skills so that these opportunities may be accessed, to enhance your career, and to benefit your firm.
This advanced diploma is presented by lecturers who are highly experienced engineers from industry, having 'worked in the trenches' in the various E & I engineering areas. When doing any course today, a mix of both extensive experience and teaching prowess is essential. All our lecturers have been carefully selected and are seasoned professionals.
This advanced diploma course provides a practical treatment of electrical power systems and instrumentation within the oil, gas, petrochemical and offshore industries. Whilst there is some theory this is used in a practical context giving you the necessary tools to ensure that the Electrical and Instrumentation hardware is delivering the results intended. No matter whether you are a new electrical, instrumentation or control technician/technologist/graduate engineer or indeed, even a practicing facilities engineer, you will find this course beneficial in improving your understanding, skills and knowledge of the whole spectrum of activities ranging from basic E & I engineering to advanced practice including hazardous areas, data communications along with a vast array of E & I equipment utilized in an oil and gas environment.
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THIS PROGRAM?
This program would be ideal for you if you are seeking to get know-how and expertise in the oil and gas business and are an:
- Instrument and process control technician or technologist
- Instrument fitter
- Chemical or mechanical engineer
- Electrical engineer currently working in a different area to oil and gas
- Experienced electrician
- A recent graduate electrical, instrumentation or mechanical engineer
Even if you are highly experienced you will find this a great way to become familiar with the oil and gas technology as quickly as possible.
The valuable oil and gas program has five main streams:
- Electrical engineering
- Instrumentation and Control engineering
- General Oil and Gas engineering
- Subsea Instrumentation and Control
- Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Facilities
EIT provides distance education to students located almost anywhere in the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. A full list of fees in a currency appropriate for every country would be complex to navigate and, with today’s exchange rate fluctuations, difficult to maintain. Instead we aim to give you a rapid response regarding fees that is customized to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student commences study. For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please query via the below button and we will respond within 2 business days.