Take a clinical view of your nursing career
Are you a registered nurse looking to improve the health of your qualifications in specialist areas such as clinical leadership, critical care, complex care or mental health? This innovative course will expand on your patient focused practical skills and give a super-charged boost to your leadership potential.
You’ll be tutored by internationally recognised teaching staff, and the university’s partnership with the ACT Government Health Directorate will provide you with the most cutting-edge approaches to the complex challenges facing this country’s health sector.
Study a Master of Nursing at UC and you will:
- synthesise and apply the knowledge necessary to plan, deliver and evaluate high quality, safe and evidence-based nursing care at an advanced level in your selected area of practice
- produce a scholarly research piece for publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- critically appraise research related to the changing identity and professional profiles of Registered Nurses as autonomous practitioners and key members of collaborative multidisciplinary health teams in contemporary and culturally diverse health contexts
- explore the function and responsibilities of Registered Nurses practising at an advanced level, with particular regard to professional and ethical standards, clinical supervision, mentoring, education, policy development, reflective practice and on-going professional development.
A Graduate Diploma in the field of Mental Health Nursing is the minimum academic requirement for credentialing with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN).
A range of career opportunities exist for Master of Nursing graduates in a range of public and private health care settings, including as a:
- Nursing consultant
- Research nurse
- Nurse educator
- Nurse administrator
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Advanced nurse practitioner
All applicants are advised that completion of this course does NOT lead to registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.