Whether you want to get ahead in your career faster, or improve your knowledge, a Monash postgraduate degree can give you a distinct advantage.
Visit the website http://www.study.monash/courses/find-a-course/2016/biomedical-science-preliminary-2970?domestic=true
The Master of Biomedical Science Preliminary is designed for students interested in undertaking postgraduate research in biomedical sciences. A candidate is required to carry out a prescribed program of research for a specified period under the direct supervision of a member of the academic staff. The supervisor, in consultation with the candidate, is responsible for developing the research program to be followed by the candidate, and for reporting at regular intervals on the candidates progress.
The MBiomedSci Preliminary is designed for students who do not have the equivalent of a class 1 or class 2A honours degree in a relevant discipline. For graduates with only a Bachelor degree in a relevant field and who have not attempted honours in that field, admission to MBiomedSci Preliminary will normally require at least a credit grade average in 24 points of relevant third-year units, or appropriate additional training and experience.
Candidates must complete the MBiomedSci Preliminary program and obtain results equivalent to class 2A honours (H2A) or better for admission into Master of Biomedical Science. The MBiomedSci Preliminary is not an awardable degree. Candidates should complete their program of study within 12 months full-time or 24 months part-time. Students who pass MBiomedSci Preliminary of the program but who do not wish to continue or do not achieve class 2A honours or above will be offered the exit award of the Postgraduate Diploma in Biomedical Sciences.
Candidates will be required to undertake a major research thesis of 75% of the entire course. The thesis should embody the results of the candidates investigation, which demonstrates independence of thought and the candidates ability to carry out research in that discipline. The remaining 25% of the course will comprise coursework such as a literature review and/or statistics classes, and is specified by the enrolling department.
Students who have completed the course will demonstrate an understanding of relevant research techniques in their field through a review of the relevant literature. They will demonstrate their ability, under supervision to apply relevant research techniques to their chosen field of study. Students will be able to present high-quality written work suitable for publication in appropriate scholarly journals, and be able to critically evaluate both their own and others' written work in their chosen field.
For more information visit the faculty website - http://www.study.monash/media/links/faculty-websites/medicine
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
The Faculty is also home to a number of leading medical and biomedical research institutes and groups, and has contributed to advances in many crucial areas: in vitro fertilisation, obesity research, drug design, cardiovascular physiology, functional genomics, infectious diseases, inflammation, psychology, neurosciences and mental health.
Notwithstanding the relatively short history of our University, the Faculty is ranked in the top 50 in the world for its expertise in life sciences and biomedicine by the Times Higher Education and QS World University 2012 benchmarks.
Courses offered by the Faculty include medicine, nursing, radiography and medical imaging, nutrition and dietetics,emergency health studies, biomedical sciences, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and social work. A range of research and coursework postgraduate programs is also offered.
The Faculty takes pride in delivering outstanding education in all courses, in opening students to the possibilities offered by newly discovered knowledge, and in providing a nurturing and caring environment.
Further details may be found at: http://www.med.monash.edu.au/about.html
Find out how to apply here - http://www.study.monash/courses/find-a-course/2016/biomedical-science-preliminary-2970?domestic=true#making-the-application