Take the next step to master your communication skills
Are you a senior communication manager seeking to further develop your communication skills? Our Master of Communication specialises in exploring contemporary communication theories, strategic planning, social media, and how to effectively apply these towards a major research project. Whether you focus your Masters in strategic communication or marketing communication, you will be prepared to work effectively as strategists in the business, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Study a Master of Communication at UC and you will:
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of human communication processes and environments
- become confident in using a range of social research methods relevant to strategic or marketing communication
- counsel senior management on strategic communication and lead teams within organisations
- demonstrate critical thinking and vision needed to address long-term strategic communication issues
- apply your understanding of communication theories towards a major research project
- specialise in one of the following key areas of communication:
- Strategic Communication specialises in contemporary communication and social theory, and how critical issues develop.
- Marketing Communication specialises in exploring how advertising, public relations, promotion and direct marketing combine to develop effective marketing communication strategies.
Application will be made to the Public Relations Institute of Australia and to the Advertising industry for accreditation.
This course prepares senior managers to work as communication and marketing communication leaders in any sector.