Aiming for a world-class career? This Master's qualification is all the evidence you’ll need
Australia has an outstanding international reputation in forensics, so if you’re keen to establish yourself as one of the world’s best in your field, this qualification will arm you with the critical investigative and analytical skills you’ll need to gain that next life-changing promotion (and what a job!).
Part of a collaborative education partnership with the Universities of Florida and Edinburgh, this flexible online course will give you a scientifically competitive advantage, preparing you for an impressive career in a range of sectors, including in forensic labs, drug assessment agencies and in the environmental monitoring sector.
Study a Master of Forensic Studies in Forensic Science (Online) at UC and you will:
- acquire a critical understanding of the investigative and analytical concepts relating to forensic science
- apply your deeper knowledge to the collection, processing and analysis of evidence
- master the skills to be flexible and responsive to the broad range of situations that confront forensic investigators
- know the legal and regulatory requirements of forensics and the those of expert witnesses.
- Reflect critically on professional forensic practice
- Evaluate developments that contribute to professional forensic practice
- Investigate and analyse problems in forensic science work places and beyond
- Apply forensic methodologies in unfamiliar contexts
- Contribute to the scholarship of forensic science in a professional community
- Plan and execute a forensic research project (preferably in the work place)
- Interpret forensic methodologies and conclusions to non?scientific legal and other audiences
- Integrate and implement solutions using forensic methodologies
Opportunities exist for Master of Forensic Studies in Forensic Science (Online) graduates in a range of areas, including in:
- forensic laboratories
- forensic and environmental monitoring agencies
- toxicology laboratories
- drug assessment agencies
- forensic pathology
- mortuary laboratories