The Master of Biomedical Science offers graduates a pathway into a research or other science based career, or PhD studies.
This program is an alternative to the Honours to PhD pathway. Students undertake a major research project and discipline-specific coursework subjects. In addition, a suite of professional business and communication subjects are offered to complement and enhance the research undertaken and to progress students’ career opportunities.
The objectives of this course are to provide students with skills in:
• conducting research in biomedical and health sciences;
• designing experiments;
• taking responsibility for managing a research project;
• preparing and giving an oral and written presentation of the results;
• expressing intellectual, scientific arguments; and
• assimilating and critically evaluating existing knowledge within a scientific paradigm.