The Master of Biomedical Science offers graduates a pathway into a research or other science based career, or PhD studies.
This program is an alternative to the Honours to PhD pathway. Students undertake a major research project and discipline-specific coursework subjects. In addition, a suite of professional business and communication subjects are offered to complement and enhance the research undertaken and to progress students’ career opportunities.
You can see the detailed course guide here: http://bespoke-production.s3.amazonaws.com/mdhs/assets/b1/a312f0ef5211e681a41156dce01bb1/11486-MDHS-MasterofBiomedCourseGuide-2017_1_.pdf
The objectives of this course are to provide students with skills in:
• conducting research in biomedical and health sciences;
• designing experiments;
• taking responsibility for managing a research project;
• preparing and giving an oral and written presentation of the results;
• expressing intellectual, scientific arguments; and
• assimilating and critically evaluating existing knowledge within a scientific paradigm.
You can see an overview of the course and sample course plan here: http://bespoke-production.s3.amazonaws.com/mdhs/assets/03/75ca507bf311e7b4192562fe9c5de8/15899-Master-of-Biomedical-Science-A4-2-2016.pdf