Sign up to our newsletter today
We've been helping students find the right postgraduate course for over a decade.
De Montfort University's faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities brings together the world leading research, award-winning work, and innovative thinking of the university's creative disciplines. With students who are consistently recognised for the quality of their work, and academics who are internationally recognised for their experience and skill, the faculty is a hive of originality and professionalism.
With a combination of traditional subjects, professionally oriented training, and free-thinking creative disciplines, the faculty makes for an exciting and unique mix of students.
• Our academic staff are among the best in the world thanks to their research and writing. The faculty includes eight National Teaching Fellows, more than most UK universities hold in total. Staff work is regularly recognised with significant awards and prizes, and their research ensures that courses are at the forefront of developments
• Our annual week-long Cultural Exchanges festival has become a significant event in the cultural life of the East Midlands, and offers talks and performances by guests from the arts, media, literature, politics and film
• Students regularly exhibit at regional, national and international galleries, win awards and participate in festivals
• Our range of unique courses includes a sports management degree supported by FIFA, some of the most established specialist fashion courses in the country, and the Independent Study MA where you can pursue a tailor-made MA in a subject area of your choice
• Benefit from our extensive links with many local and national organisations, including the BBC, Arts Councils, the National Media Museum in Bradford, Leicester Mercury, Curve, the Leicester Theatre Trust, Phoenix Square digital arts centre, and the British Library
• We actively engage with local industry, and have close relationships with several large companies, SMEs, and government organisations.
Back to results
De Montfort University
All Course Types
All Study Types
All Start Terms
The course appreciates the interface between the environmental, economical and socio-cultural dimensions of sustainability in terms of building design and carbon neutrality. Energy usage in buildings is responsible for approximately 45% of the total carbon dioxide emissions. Read more
The Leicester School of Architecture MArch programme develops the emerging architectural specialist and challenges the individual to discover or develop a personal stake in the architectural world. Read more
The Creative Writing MA is a practice led programme with taught modules and extended projects, giving students the chance to develop their writing in chosen areas, or experiment with new forms and genres. Read more
The course is aimed at design and creative industry entrepreneurs and will allow you to apply your creative and analytical skills to a wide variety of business and social contexts, from small, local businesses to multinational corporations and social enterprises. Read more
You will have access to industry-standard software and hardware such as Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk MAYA while working in a dynamic environment with ongoing digital design and multimedia research, and commercial projects. Read more
The English MA offers the best of both taught and research-focused postgraduate courses, enabling students to concentrate on their chosen assessments and individual interests while teaching them the practical skills involved in Humanities research, ranging from first-hand experience of conference management, presenting work and writing for publication. Read more