Masters degrees in Agricultural Biochemistry explore the relationship between biological and chemical processes at the molecular level of living organisms, and the impact of these processes on wider agricultural actions.
Research based Masters degrees such as MRes and MPhil courses are becoming increasingly popular in this field, as methods adapt to new technological advances. Many programmes are also highly interdisciplinary. Entry requirements typically include a relevant undergraduate degree in Agriculture, Biology or Chemistry.
Masters degrees in Agricultural Biochemistry provide a large realm of possibilities for agricultural research. Explorations of pathology, genetics, chemical compounds and molecular processes allow researchers to better understand the processes that influence issues such as yield when growing crops and health when rearing livestock.
Mainstream industries, particularly the agri-food business, rely heavily on individuals with in-depth knowledge of the correlation between food quality and public health, and how these molecular processes correlate with the two.
Careers in this field include positions in government bodies and agencies, working on a national or international level as technicians, researchers, or consultants. Other roles may focus more on commerce, such as quality assurance management, and health and safety inspection.
The Rome Business School’s Master in Agribusiness Management is the ideal academic course for professionals seeking a world-class degree programme in these disciplines, leading to a successful global career in the agro network field (production, seed and crop, harvest and stock in agriculture, market of commodities, food supply chain, food and wine business).
With the Rome Business School’s international perspective, the programme offers a unique learning experience and a global professional exposure, enabling participants to study in one of the best cities of the world or online. The programme’s quality teaching and networking services all contribute to make it the perfect fit for anyone who is looking to rise to the top in the world of farming, food production, or in the start-up agribusiness system.
In particular, on completing the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics and trends of the agri-food market and the role played by the farmers, industrialists, and their representatives in the organizations.
- Recognize the intersection of agribusiness with other areas of economic and social concern, such as economic development and new ways of production and business diversification (organic farming, biofuel, biogas, circular economy, etc…).
- Identify and manage the characteristics of the main food businesses and develop effective managerial strategies.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan for agri-food corporations.
- Utilize the most advanced marketing techniques to promote businesses and organizations.
- Manage the financial dimensions related to agricultural activities.
- Understand and utilize project management techniques for agricultural businesses.
- Manage the agri-food supply chain.
- Learn about the start-up ecosystem related to agribusiness.
- Master the use of new technologies within farmer or industrialist organizations and the most advanced production tools and channel.
- Learn about the international organizations operating in the agribusiness sector and the international policies and support linked to this economic sector.
- Meet farmers or food producers that changed their companies by taking new and radical approaches.
The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in Agribusiness Management is structured in:
- 6 months of Lectures + Additional Activities
- 6 months of project work
- Company visits