Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Management (Business Analytics) at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
We offer a Master's in Management for students from any background who would like to work in business or management. The Management (Business Analytics) programme has been specifically designed with a clear focus on management in an interconnected global community. The Management (Business Analytics) covers core management concepts such as international marketing, operations management, global strategy, finance and international human resource management. To help you get the best from your studies, the Management (Business Analytics) programme also includes an academic skills module that covers issues such as research methods, presentation skills, group dynamics and employability support.
- Generalist MSc Management - for you to create your own mix of specialist modules
- Marketing - focused on the challenges of global marketing activities
- Finance – for students interested in financial aspects of management
- Human Resource Management – focused on the challenges of leadership and managing a global work force
- Entrepreneurship – for students interested in the dynamics of starting their own business
- Operations and Supply Management – focused on the management of global operations and supply networks
- International Management – considers contemporary management practice in a global setting
- International Standards – focused on the role of internationals standards (such as ISO) in quality improvement
- Business Analytics – to equip students to work in the era of ‘big data’
- E-Business - investigates the challenges and opportunities of global information systems networks and e-commerce
- All modules on the Management (Business Analytics) programme are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities – we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
The MSc Management (Business Analytics) is designed for students interested in understanding the dynamic data driven elements of the business world – from the data behind the internet to global supply pipeline logistics management. This programme on the MSc in Management (Business Analytics) is focused on preparing graduates for work in the era of ‘big data’.
Modules on the Management (Business Analytics) programme may include:
Professional Skills Development
Human Resource Management
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates including those from the Management (Business Analytics) programme with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management as a student on the Management (Business Analytics) programme we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you’ll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition ‘The Pitch’
The School of Management comprises over 150 staff and more than 2000 students studying at the new £450million Bay Campus, with the School of Management building itself providing truly world-class facilities with an impressive communal Atrium, new teaching rooms, meeting room and IT equipment.
School of Management, alongside the Great Hall, also proudly offers high quality conferencing and event capacity all within half a mile of the M4 corridor, that has already attracted several high profile and key events during the short time that the Bay Campus has been open.
Through its enterprise and innovation activities of business engagement the School plans to focus on three global challenges: Health & Wellbeing, Digital Society and Sustainable Economies. The School of Management's aim is to deliver world-class education through collaboration, innovation and fresh thinking, and we pride ourselves on the outstanding student experience on offer here at the School of Management ensuring a rich learning environment, while also developing our staff in line with Swansea University's wider ambition to anchor and underpin everything we do with a core set of values.
School of Management aspires to be known globally as a centre for educational excellence, working in partnership with other Swansea University departments and organisations to create joint programmes that reflect the skillsets required by an evolving workplace.