Events play a decisive role across business, culture and sport. Managing increasingly discerning audiences, developments in technology and market shifts, demands skills and insight. The MA Creative Events Management is designed to meet this need. Harnessing international events expertise paired with academic rigour, we aim to enhance your professional practice, creative perspectives and approaches, while encouraging the critical evaluation of current industry norms.
Designed in consultation with industry experts, the MA empowers you as a creative and entrepreneurial management practitioner to produce pioneering events, whether at a local or international level, adding value to business.
Visit the website http://flexible.falmouth.ac.uk/courses/ma-creative-events-management.htm
- Develop skills to design, plan, produce and manage events across the creative and corporate sectors
- Extend your career into event management
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to accelerate your career, offering professional insight into the rapidly expanding events management sector. Aimed at current practitioners looking to enhance their knowledge, or those in allied fields seeking a route into events, the MA Creative Events Management at Falmouth offers flexible learning, delivered by experts.
This course is suitable for applicants who may be:
- Corporate events managers who wish to be more effective and creative in event creation, production and marketing
- Working in creative event management companies in a junior capacity and planning to enhance their careers
- Currently working in the hotel, hospitality or MICE sectors
- Graduates looking to develop their specialist knowledge
- Individuals who wish to build a business in events
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total).
Principles of event management & research
Creative practice in event design
Digital futures for events and events marketing
- Evaluation takes the form of either practical or written coursework
- Typical assignments include group work, projects, events, presentations, placements, essays, case studies, blogs and strategies
How you study
You may choose to:
1. Study entirely online without attending any face-to-face workshops
2. Study online and attend optional residential workshops, held biannually at various locations such as the UK, USA, Asia or the Middle East.
A typical workshop will start on Friday and end on Monday. Students will be informed at least 4 months in advance giving you plenty of time to arrange your attendance. Attendance is strongly encouraged although not compulsory.
Taught by industry experts
Designed with employer-focused learning at the core, our courses work with global organisations, staff and alumni to provide you with the breadth of experience and networks needed to accelerate your career.
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Concise online presentations to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions and crits to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Online critiques to test assumptions, ideas and to receive feedback from peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials throughout the course
- Independent study
- Self-evaluation and peer feedback
As a Falmouth student, you enjoy an equal status to students studying on campus:
- Your own student ID card
- Access to online software tutorials at lynda.com
- 24/7 online access to library resources
- Students’ Union community
Find out how to apply here - http://myfalmouth.falmouth.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_ipp_lgn.login?process=siw_ipp_app&code1=MACREMPO_102&code2=0001