Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study Health Care Management at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
The Masters Degree in Health Care Management develops health care managers and enhances their skills within a research-based environment.
- The MSc focuses on developing an appreciation among students for examining the evidence of good management so it can be put into practice in a context where healthcare is increasingly integrated with social care
- Emphasis on developing skills has benefitted many people within health care in securing promotion
- Provides the major content for people seeking their first job in health care management and administration
- Taught by research active staff from a range of disciplines
Teaching and Employability:
- Designed to meet the management development needs of a modern healthcare system
- Particular emphasis on assessing evidence for what is effective in managing healthcare and leadership
- Focus on economic evaluation and research-based evidence
Health care management is a very competitive and rewarding area of employment. The MSc is designed for people with experience of management in health care, or for those expecting to have a significant management component in their future employment.
The skills and knowledge gained through this degree are applicable to a wide variety of health care and related management roles. Participants will leave equipped with a range of managerial and leadership tools that will enable them to meet the challenges of working in health care management today.
The course has an international standing with students selected from a wide range of different nationalities. This provides attendees with an opportunity to learn from their course colleagues about different health care systems and the unique challenges faced by managers in different countries.
This course explores the following in a healthcare environment:
- planning and delivery of service improvements
- working with others to achieve organisational goals
- optimising resources used
- managing and motivating change
- communicating effectively and being accountable for performance
Modules on the Health Care Management MSc typically include:
• Theory and Practice of Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care
• Politics and Policies
• Organising Health Care
• Managing and leading in practice
• Evidence and Research for Health Care Management
• Social, Cultural and Economic Context of Health
• Foundations in Public Health and Primary Health Care
• Quality Improvement
• Comparing Health Care Systems
• Economic Evaluation in Health Care
• Psychology of Health Care Management
Lectures are interactive with students encouraged to contribute their own experience of working in health care and related settings. In addition to lectures course modules include workshops, group discussions, team exercises and student led presentations.
Full-time students will study for 13 months, attending taught modules from October to Easter (part one). Part two is undertaken through the completion of a dissertation which must be submitted by 30th September of the same year.
Part-time students will study the part one modules one day a week over two years (Typically in year one students attend October to Easter on Tuesdays and in year two October to December on Thursdays. Year two January to Easter is modular and the day of attendance will depend on the module selected.), Dissertations must be submitted by 30th September of the third year.
The MSc Health Care Management comprises two parts.
Part one is taught through five compulsory modules and a choice of two optional modules.
Part two requires completion of a dissertation - This independent directed module can only be taken on successful completion of all of the taught modules.
- Candidates working in health care management looking to develop and update their practice
- Candidates interested in entering the health care sector in a managerial capacity
- Candidates keen to gain an academic or critical appreciation of health care management
- Candidates whose role involves close working or partnership with health care organisations e.g. voluntary sector, social service, pharmaceutical sector, etc.
The College of Human and Health Sciences has a vibrant postgraduate community with students drawn from a variety of backgrounds and nationalities. The College is known for its friendly, welcoming and supportive environment, which combined with its extensive facilities, state-of-the-art technology and superb beachside location, helps to ensure that students benefit from an exceptional student experience.
In addition, students have access to a wide range of excellent facilities and equipment for realistic workplace experiences.
The online Master of MFI (MBA Healthcare Management) Health Management aims to train professionals specializing in the management and administration of the health sector in Spain whose spending accounts for more than 9.6% of GDP. This sector experiencing a transformation where scientific advances, new technologies, demographic conditions of the population, legislation, budget and financial policies among other factors, require proper management of resources to ensure a sustainable health system. This transformation of the health sector has as a direct consequence the need for new specialized professionals in management, health management and hospital administration for both the public and private sectors.
In this context, an MBA in Healthcare Management enables them to efficiently manage and perform administrative functions and advice in health institutions, both globally and in all its areas: marketing, finance, human resources, logistics, strategic planning, quality, health responsibility, etc.
On finishing the master mba in health management students will have the knowledge to understand the current situation of the health system, ethical responsibility, and the needs of customer satisfaction in order to dominate all existing health models. You will acquire the tools and master the techniques and management models clinics and hospitals.
In MFI we want to join the Master in Health Management academic support of the University Camilo Jose Cela giving the latter a proper university degree.
Being a student of any school course health management MFI offers students access to job opportunities and practices.
Develop guidelines and analytical skills for proper management. In our School of Health Management you will also learn to:
The Master in Healthcare Management (MBA) is provided with a fully accessible methodology through online delivery.
In addition to studying health management MBA in any offers complimentary modalities:
The student has self-assessment exercises of each module of the training program, to help measure progress in their study. Also, obtaining the titles of the Master by MFI Business School and Master by the University Camilo José Cela is subject to passing an exam face or online, student demand.
At the end of our MBA you will be ready to serve as:
Guaranteed and Exchange Employment Practices
IMF Business School, through its website and Employment Practices guarantees MBA students majoring in Health Management practices in companies. Query conditions.