This Masters degree gives you the opportunity to study in two European countries and achieve two Master's awards within one year. Take advantage of the leading management and digital expertise at ESCEM School of Business and Management (France) and University of Greenwich's Business School (UK).
As part of this programme, you will also undertake a work placement which will equip you with essential skills necessary for your future career.
You will strengthen your intercultural competence, learn how to develop integrated communications strategies, and benefit from both institutions' extensive networks.
This course is designed to provide graduates and professionally qualified managers with understandings of key aspects of marketing communications and the necessary skills to research, assess and evaluate aspects of the communications mix.
Two Master's awards
On completion of the requirements of both institutions, you will be awarded two degrees:
The entire programme is delivered in English and no knowledge of French is required.
The first term is located at our Greenwich Campus in London and the second is Tours Campus in France. The third term is usually in the UK or another chosen country by negotiation.
University of Greenwich Business School
Greenwich Campus is on a World Heritage Site on the banks of the River Thames. We enjoy strong links with industry and work with employers to develop relevant programmes accredited by professional bodies. We were the first UK University to offer a specialist degree in marketing communications and continue to develop our innovative portfolio.
ESCEM School of Business and Management
ESCEM puts students into real business situations, pushing them to explore new ways of learning and encourage independent thinking. Campuses are located in Tours, Orléans and Poitiers which welcome more than 65,000 students a year.
You will be taught in Tours which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a perfect example of French art, history and excellence. It is a metropolis in the heart of the Loire chateaux valley and is host to several international competitive clusters, know as a tech hub.
Find out more about ESCEM Tours Campus: http://www.escem.fr/en
A limited number of students may be eligible for a scholarship through the Erasmus+ overseas exchange programme. Further details will be provided upon successful receipt of an unconditional/conditional offer on the programme.
This degree aims to:
"The lecturers bring with them a world of information from the outside world; they've got good links with industries outside so we get real time information, like real-world information that we can use to develop our thoughts."
MA Strategic Marketing Communications
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
This programme is accredited by the French Conférence des Grandes Ecoles and is accessible after a 4 to 5 years degree.
The MSc in Cross Cultural Marketing & Negotiation is designed to allow students who wish to prepare for their future international careers, to acquire the theoretical knowledge and skills required to take up key positions in Marketing and/or Sales Management, both in France and abroad. In addition to courses given by international experts, students get to learn from exchanging with other participants, as the cohort welcomes applicants from the whole world (15 different nationalities on average). The programme is also a unique opportunity to extend their professional networks, thanks to Business Challenges and Junior Consulting Projects, where they develop closer ties among themselves. Finally, with the active support of companies such as GEODIS, Société Générale or TV5 Monde, CCM&N students hone their competencies to become as attractive propositions as possible for the employment market.
- Attending a recognised programme ( Accredited by AACSB International, BSIS, CGE, SMBG),
- Receiving lectures totally in English, while living in a very international environment,
- Acquiring knowledge and competencies enriched by a cross-cultural dimension,
- Taking advantage of everyday practice of a cross-cultural experience, thanks to the presence of many students from various nationalities,
- Following lectures by lecturers from various nationalities, and experts in Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, Procurement, International Business, Cross-cultural Management and Webmarketing.
- Taking part in professional events full of opportunities: business dating with professionals and alumni in employment, professional colloquia, consulting missions (Geodis, Love Hotel Saint Martin,...), meetings at major company headquarters (TV5 Monde, Société Générale, Château de Versailles,...).
- 7 Core Modules
- 6 Ancillary modules
- One 5-week Junior Consulting Project: Marketing or Cross-cultural Communication. JCPs (‘Missions') proposed and validated by the Programme staff (Pédagogie HEC Entrepreneurs),
- One 2-week Challenge: Negotiation or Cross-cultural Marketing,
- One 6-month work placement/ internship.
Lectures are given by EMN full-time PhD faculty, by external lecturers from various nationalities, and by professional adjuncts from the Marketing, Sales, and Purchasing, International Business, Négotiation, Webmarketing and Cross-cultural Management industries.
Program duration: One academic year (on campus)
Teaching Campus: Caen
Important dates -
Intake: September, 2018
The School offers:
- 22,200 m2 of teaching facilities in Caen, Deauville, Le Havre, Oxford and Paris,
- 8 Amphitheatres,
- 2 Sports Centres,
- 5 Relaxation Areas,
- 2 Cafeterias,
- 2 Media Centre & Library with 33,500 books, 530 national and international journals, and 9 data banks open to all students,
- 12 PC and Multimedia Rooms
- 280 PCs on free access,
- 4 Very High Speed Internet Networks,
- 10 LaSmartEcole® equipped rooms,
- Wi-Fi access on all campuses.
Whatever the Campus, you may rent rooms in town, private or university residence apartments, located between 200 m and 1.5 km from the campus. EM Normandie is a member of immo-school in Caen.
Campus Location -
EM Normandie is located in Normandy, a region in North-West France, with a coastline opening on the English Channel. There is easy access by motorway or rail to nearby Paris, and several day and night ferries to England.
The Campus in Caen is located in the heart of a Science Park ( Technopole de Caen-Normandie - Plateau Nord), in the middle of the Université de Caen Campus II. Near the downtown area, the School is connected to the city centre by bus and tram.
A major university town, Caen has a beautiful historical inner city, only 30 minutes away from the D-day Landing Beaches.
Caen was ranked recently as the 7th best city in France to study in by the Student Magazine L'Etudiant - http://www.letudiant.fr/palmares/palmares-des-villes-etudiantes/caen.html
Caen is also N° 1 (jointly with Grenoble) in the ‘Student Life' category which includes categories such as "Going Out", "Culture" and "Sports. Among the criteria for the survey was the number of sports, cultural, and entertainment spots available, or even the availability of a Student Welcome Service in September.
International Applicants (who require a visa) must send their applications by June 11th 2018 at the latest. Application files will be accepted as from September 2017.
Alongside their EM Normandie application files, international applicants must file in a Campus France application to make easier to obtain their visas - http://www.campusfrance.org/fr/page/procedure-cef-creez-votre-dossier
If you are admitted, you will be requested to send in a first down payment of € 2,500 (which will be deducted from the total tuition fee) in order to secure your place in the programme. Once the down payment has been received, you will then be helped in your accommodation and visa application formalities by the International Relations Service.
Career Opportunities -
There is a wide range of openings. After their induction period in the company, students aim for positions such as:
- Product Manager,
- Category Manager,
- International Brand Manager,
- International Project Manager,
- International Marketing Consultant
This program is accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles and is accessible after a +4/5 Bac .
Train future experts in transport, logistics and port operations.
- Training 100% in English, in a very international environment: the EM Normandie annually more than 500 foreign students
- Taught by internationally renowned experts, nationalities and varied cultures
- A professional training: Mission HEC Entrepreneurs, challenge in business, business dating, professional seminars
- A campus in the heart of an international logistics center: Le Havre is the first port of France for foreign trade and container and was voted best European port by Asian professionals
- A Port Institute of Education and Research: IPER to benefit from port and maritime expertise
- Promotion human scale and an individual close monitoring
- 4 modules are provided in the first semester, from September to December
- 4 modules are planned for the second half, from January to April
- a mission of five weeks: audit logistics business is expected. Missions are found and validated by the teaching team (HEC Entrepreneurs pedagogy).
- a 2-week challenge: optimizing logistics flows is organized.
- 1 internship minimum of 5 months;
Courses taught in English by professors and experienced professionals.
Duration of program: 12 months in basic training
Output Level: Label awarded by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles
Rate: € 12,000
Teaching Locations: Campus du Havre
important dates -
Start Date: September , 2018
The school offers:
- 22,200 m2 in Caen, Deauville, Le Havre, Paris and Oxford,
- 8 amphitheatres
- 2 sports complexes,
- 5 relaxation areas,
- 2 cafeterias,
- 2 media libraries with 33 500 items, 530 national and international journals and 9 databases accessible by all students,
- 12 computer rooms and multimedia,
- PC 280 self-service,
- 4 internet networks at very high speed,
- 10 rooms equipped SmartEcole®,
- Wi-Fi access on campus.
For each campus, you have the option of renting rooms in guest houses, apartments with private individuals or in university residences, between 200 m and 1.5 km from the campus. The EM Normandie Le Havre is a member of Association for http://www.ahloet.fr student housing.
Campus Location -
The MA Normandy is located in Normandy, northwestern region of France, near Paris, easily accessible by motorway and train.
Le Havre campus enjoys a privileged location in the city center, 200 m from the beach. The train station is within 10 minutes by bus through a direct line. The tram connects the beach and the center of Havre to the entire metropolitan area. This privileged situation favors the integration of students.
Normandy town of first importance, the city center was declared World Heritage by UNESCO in 2005 which welcomed the "innovative exploitation of the potential of concrete."
Le Havre is the first port of France for foreign trade and containers.
City of art and history, Le Havre offers students a pleasant living environment, offering many cultural opportunities, intellectual and sports.
Le Havre has been classified by the site "L'Etudiant" as the 12th average city in which to study - http://www.letudiant.fr/palmares/palmares-des-villes-etudiantes/havre-le.html
Le Havre is also the 4 th city in its class cities "to complete his studies."
International applicants (who need a visa) must send their application at the latest by 11 June 2018. They can send their applications from the month of September 2015.
In parallel EM Normandie application, international applicants must be a record Campus France in order to facilitate obtaining their visas - http://www.campusfrance.org/fr/page/procedure-cef-creez-votre-dossier
If you are accepted (e) in the program, you will be asked to pay a deposit of € 2,500 (deductible tuition fees) to reserve your place in training. You will be accompanied (e) your visa procedures and accommodation by the International Office once you have paid the deposit.
career opportunities -
In industrial companies, logistics providers and services as well as humanitarian organizations:
- Head of Flow Management Organisation
- Head of Logistic Organisation
- logistics analyst
- Logistics Project Manager
- Port Operation Manager
- Transport Manager
- Shipping business strategy