The Erasmus Mundus Master in Wine Tourism Innovation (WINTOUR) offers a truly integrated study program that takes advantage of the tourism and oenology expertise of three universities and regions of Europe: Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona, Spain), the University of Porto (Portugal) and the University of Bordeaux (France).
These universities are located in highly attractive touristic areas, recognized with the label of UNESCO Human Heritage, and have a long tradition in wine, producing specialty wines such as sparkling, fortified, aged red and sweet.
The academic program is structured over two years (four semesters) with 120 ECTS. The first three semesters are each taught in one university (30 ECTS at URV, 30 ECTS at UBx, 30 ECTS at UP) and the last semester is devoted to the Master Thesis and a professional internship, which is completed with one of the associated partners.
Semester 1: URV, Tarragona, Spain
Semester 2: UBx, Bordeaux, France
Semester 3: UP, Portugal
Semester 4: Professional internship and Master thesis (30 ECTS)
Students will develop the following skills:
The WINTOUR program trains professionals in the field of oenology and tourism, who may apply for positions in the following areas:
Private sector: creation of start-ups and business initiatives with a focus on wine as a tourist attraction and tourism as a means for promoting wine and wine regions; development of international marketing strategies, wine tourism activities of companies within the wine industry; specialized consultancy in the design and development of new strategies for increasing the competitiveness of the wine sector.
Public administration: positions in public organizations responsible for the planning, management and promotion of wine tourism products at a local, national and International level.
Research and teaching: participation and leadership of multidisciplinary research teams in the fields of oenology and Tourism, in public or private research organizations.
The Rome Business School’s Master in Agribusiness Management is the ideal academic course for professionals seeking a world-class degree programme in these disciplines, leading to a successful global career in the agro network field (production, seed and crop, harvest and stock in agriculture, market of commodities, food supply chain, food and wine business).
With the Rome Business School’s international perspective, the programme offers a unique learning experience and a global professional exposure, enabling participants to study in one of the best cities of the world or online. The programme’s quality teaching and networking services all contribute to make it the perfect fit for anyone who is looking to rise to the top in the world of farming, food production, or in the start-up agribusiness system.
In particular, on completing the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics and trends of the agri-food market and the role played by the farmers, industrialists, and their representatives in the organizations.
- Recognize the intersection of agribusiness with other areas of economic and social concern, such as economic development and new ways of production and business diversification (organic farming, biofuel, biogas, circular economy, etc…).
- Identify and manage the characteristics of the main food businesses and develop effective managerial strategies.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan for agri-food corporations.
- Utilize the most advanced marketing techniques to promote businesses and organizations.
- Manage the financial dimensions related to agricultural activities.
- Understand and utilize project management techniques for agricultural businesses.
- Manage the agri-food supply chain.
- Learn about the start-up ecosystem related to agribusiness.
- Master the use of new technologies within farmer or industrialist organizations and the most advanced production tools and channel.
- Learn about the international organizations operating in the agribusiness sector and the international policies and support linked to this economic sector.
- Meet farmers or food producers that changed their companies by taking new and radical approaches.
The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in Agribusiness Management is structured in:
- 6 months of Lectures + Additional Activities
- 6 months of project work
- Company visits
The Master of Business and Science in Vineyard & Winery Management provides training in response to new market demands for wine industry professionals who have both technical (viticulture and oenology) and entrepreneurial (business management) skill sets. The program is designed to further student’s knowledge in business management, viticulture, and oenology. It seeks to complement the knowledge base through an individually structured and flexible curriculum. In an industry that is increasingly competitive, the integration of these skill sets within a company is essential for success.
The study program focuses on three main thematic areas: