The Master in food safety and quality, can adapt to scientific knowledge in the field of food, its constantly changing legislation and update quality standards for food safety. Study the masters in food safety and quality of MFI also allows for a comprehensive approach to the variety of food industries that exist in the market and knowledge of the processes that apply to them.
Business development of the food industry, regulations and legislation of the European Union, make producers and suppliers responsible for providing consumers with safe and healthy food. In this context an increasingly professional organizations defendant arises, technical quality and food safety manager to ensure and guarantee the quality of products and processes and thus the satisfaction of customers and consumers. Figure auditor's food safety and quality control responsible for the design, development, implementation and system audits hygiene and food safety is needed.
Upon completion of the online Master in Quality, Hygiene and Food Safety will get a double degree by IMF and the University Camilo Jose Cela, with which you will open a world of new job opportunities in the areas of development, production, transport and food handling . You will be able to implement in any organization norms, standards and quality standards: ISO, OHSAS, HACCP, BRC, IFS, GlobalGAP, SAL ... When performing a training course on food security IMF, will have access to job opportunities and practices which bring the acquired knowledge to the real world in the food industry and food businesses.
Acquire an integrated and professional approach to ensure the quality and safety of products and processes in order to achieve customer satisfaction and consumers.
You will also learn to:
The Master in Food Safety and Quality is developed in order to unite and reconcile personal and professional life with the possibility of studying. Based on a flexible methodology study.
Both methodologies are based on five key points:
Continuous assessment as during the Masters. Each module is evaluated by combining an online review and the development of case studies.
The final obtaining master's degrees by the UCJC (Universidad Camilo José Cela) and Master by MFI Business School, is subject to overcoming each module testing and development work to master.
Labor demand for professionals in this sector is growing, with very optimistic expectations of growth, both at EU and global level, increasing rigor and requirement of food controls.
The Interuniversity Programme in Food Technology (IUPFOOD) focuses on two technological dimensions of prime and crucial importance in food processing and preservation:
These two concerns are directly translated in the focus points of the IUPFOOD programme.
The InterUniversity Programme in Food Technology (IUPFOOD) is jointly organised by KU Leuven and Ghent University (UGent). The programme builds on KU Leuven’s and UGent’s combined expertise in research and education in the field of food technology.
The Master of Science in Food Technology (120 ECTS) consists of four major segments:
In the first year of the Master's programme, students will spend the first semester in Ghent and the second semester in Leuven. The second stage courses of the majors 'Postharvest and Food Preservation Engineering' and 'Food Science and Technology' are taught respectively at KU Leuven and UGent; at both universities, optional courses and thesis research topics are offered.
1. Has profound and detailed scientific knowledge and understanding of the (bio)chemical processes in biological raw materials during postharvest storage and their transformation into food products.
2. Has profound and detailed scientific knowledge and understanding of engineering principles of unit operations and their use in the transformation of raw materials into food products as a basis for qualitative and quantitative design, evaluation and optimization of food process and preservation unit operations.
3. Has profound and detailed scientific knowledge and understanding of ecology, physiology, detection, use and combat microorganisms in food systems.
4. Has profound and detailed scientific knowledge and understanding of (bio)-chemical, physical and microbiological methods for analysis of raw materials and foods including the skills to identify and use such methods in the context of research, process and product design and optimization and food control.
5. Has profound and detailed scientific knowledge in different fields of product technology such as vegetable products, dairy products, meat products, fish products, cereal derived products and fermented products including aspects of product development in relation to consumer behavior.
6. Can critically evaluate the functionality and safety of foods in the context of human health including the relation with raw materials and their processing into foods based on analytical data and scientific literature data.
7. Masters the skills and has acquired the problem solving capacity to analyze problems of food quality and safety along the food chain and to elaborate interdisciplinary and integrated qualitative and quantitative approaches and solutions (including implementation) appreciating the complexity of food systems and the processes used while taking into account technical limitations and socio-economic aspects such as feasibility, risks, and sustainability.
8. Has acquired a broad perspective to problems of food security, related to postharvest and food processing, in low income developing countries.
9. Can investigate and understand interaction with other relevant science domains and integrate them within the context of more advanced ideas and practical applications and problem solving.
10. Can demonstrate critical consideration of and reflection on known and new theories, models or interpretation within the broad field of food technology.
11. Can identify and apply appropriate research methods and techniques to design, plan and execute targeted experiments or simulations independently and critically evaluate and interpret the collected data.
12. Can develop and execute independently original scientific research and/or apply innovative ideas within research environments to create new and/or improved insights and/or solutions for complex (multi)disciplinary research questions respecting the results of other researchers.
13. Can convincingly and professionally communicate personal research, thoughts, ideas, and opinions of proposals, both written and oral, to different actors and stakeholders from peers to a general public.
14. Has acquired project management skills to act independently and in a multidisciplinary team as team member or team leader in international and intercultural settings.
IUPFOOD's objective is to offer a programme that takes the specific needs and approaches of developing countries into account. The IUPFOOD programme prepares graduates for various tasks, including teaching and research. IUPFOOD alumni are mainly active in the following sectors: