The Master in Arts Management offers a unique learning experience preparing students to embark on a management career in the arts and creative industry. The one-year program aims at developing skills and providing tools to deal with the new challenges of the domains of both the visual and performing arts, with an international perspective.
The main goals of the program are:
● Build and strengthen basic knowledge and understanding of History of Art (visual and performing arts), with particular attention to the contemporary world and the international scene
● Build and strengthen competence in economics and management and as it applies to the cultural industry
● Build and strengthen competence in legislative transmit and reinforce the legislative competences and their application to the cultural field, in an international perspective
● To contribute to the advancement of cultural institutions and companies in Italy and abroad, by fostering interests for Art and its proliferation
The Master’s qualification in Arts Management will open up professional opportunities in the fields of Organization, Marketing and Communications, Accounting, Legal Affairs, Projects and Events Management in cultural institutions and companies. Other professional opportunities are to be found in consulting and service companies in the fields of promotion, communication and management of cultural events, products and services.
The goals of the advanced courses are to build up competencies in specific fields of arts management in order to provide participants with advanced knowledge about how to solve problems and cope with the challenges of the arts field
The goals of team building activities is to help participants know each other and create a collaborative atmosphere in class. Moreover, these activities will introduce participants to Milano and its cultural assets. Team building will include:
● Dinner with the class and the Master Faculty
● Team building experiences to know your class
● Guest speeches from established professionals in the field
To complete the Master in Arts Management, participants are required to carry out a three-months internship in a cultural institutions or company in one of the above mentioned fields. They will have the chance to be included in the Master Curricu- lum Vitae book, that will be transmitted to the major institutions and organizations in Italy and abroad.
Located in the unique city of Milan which contributes to a valuable international perspective. This glowing city allows students to merge the learning experience with the cultural atmosphere of the city. Students will have the opportunity to practice their knowledge through field projects and internships even beyond the classroom.
A national and international academic and professional faculty using teaching methods that foster an interactive and hands-on approach to issues of cultural heritage management.
All scholarships are assigned on a merit basis and will be mostly given to students who apply by the priority deadline. Some scholarships may also target specific geographic regions.
Scholarship value: €2500