IN THIS 18-MONTH INTENSIVE PART-TIME PROGRAM YOU WILL GAIN:
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in instrumentation, process control and industrial automation
- Guidance from industrial automation experts in the field
- Knowledge from the extensive experience of instructors, rather than from the clinical information gained from books and college
- Credibility as the local industrial automation expert in your firm
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- An Advanced Diploma of Industrial Automation
Next intake starts October 09, 2017. Applications now open; places are limited.
Contact us now to secure your place!
Payment is not required until around 2 to 4 weeks before the start of the program.
The EIT Advanced Diploma of of Industrial Automation is recognized worldwide and has been endorsed by the International Society of Automation (ISA). Please ask us about specific information on accreditation for your location.
Gain strong underpinning knowledge and expertise in Industrial Automation covering a wide range of skills ranging from instrumentation, automation and process control, industrial data communications, process plant layout, project and financial management and chemical engineering with a strong practical focus. Industrial Automation is an extremely fast moving area especially compared to the more traditional areas such as electrical and mechanical engineering. The field is diverse and dynamic and offers the opportunity for a well paid and enjoyable career. The aim of the course is to empower you with practical knowledge that will improve your productivity in the area and make you stand out as a leader in industrial automation amongst your peers.
*JOB OUTCOMES, INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
A range of global opportunities awaits graduates of the Advanced Diploma of Industrial Automation. Pending full accreditation you may become a full member of Engineers Australia and your qualification will be recognized by Engineers Australia and (through the Dublin Accord) by leading professional associations and societies in Australia, Canada, Ireland, Korea, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States. The Dublin Accord is an agreement for the international recognition of Engineering Technician qualifications.
For example, current enrolled students can apply for free student membership of Engineers Australia. After graduation, you can apply for membership to become an Engineering Associate, while graduates interested in UK recognition can apply for membership of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) as a Technician Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
This professional recognition greatly improves the global mobility of graduates, and offers you the opportunity of a truly international career.
You will be qualified to find employment as an Engineering Associate in public and private industry including transportation, manufacturing, process, construction, resource, energy and utilities industries. Engineering Associates often work in support of professional engineers or engineering technologists in a team environment. If you prefer to work in the field you may choose to find employment as a site supervisor, senior technician, engineering assistant, or similar.
The program is composed of 72 topics within 21 modules. These cover the following seven engineering threads to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of industrial automation:
- Instrumentation, Automation and Process Control
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Data Communications and Networking
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
- Chemical Engineering
The modules will be completed in the following order:
1. Practical Instrumentation for Automation and Process Control
2. Practical Fundamentals of Chemical Engineering (for Non- Chemical Engineers)
3. Control Valve Sizing, Selection and Maintenance
4. Fundamentals of Process Plant Layout and Piping Design
5. Practical Process Control for Engineers and Technicians
6. Practical Tuning of Industrial Control Loops for Engineers and Technicians
7. Practical Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
8. Practical Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) for Automation and Process Control
9. Best Practice in Industrial Data Communications
10. Practical Advanced Process Control for Engineers and Technicians
11. Practical Boiler Control and Instrumentation for Engineers and Technicians
12. Practical Hazardous Areas for Engineers and Technicians
13. Practical Safety Instrumentation and Emergency Shutdown Systems for Process Industries Using IEC 6155 and IEC 61508
14. Practical HAZOPS (Hazard and Operability Studies) for Engineers and Technicians
15. Practical Shielding, EMC/EMI, Noise Reduction, Earthing and Circuit Board Layout of Electronic Systems
16. Practical Wireless Ethernet and TCP/ IP Networking
17. Practical Radio Telemetry Systems for Industry
18. Practical SCADA Systems for Industry
19. Motor Protection, Control and Maintenance Technologies
20. Practical Power Distribution for Engineers and Technicians
21. Practical Project Management for Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical Engineers and Technicians
EIT provides distance education to students located all around the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. We aim to give you a rapid response regarding course fees that are relevant to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student begins to study. For a rapid reply to your query regarding course fees and payment options, please contact a Course Advisor in your region via the below button and we will respond within two (2) business days.